Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Predator 670 in 318

174K views 239 replies 46 participants last post by  tmac58star 
#1 ·
Sorry guys I can't seem to post in your thread.
For the mounting plate I first made a plate that mounted to the tractor frame. Then I made a plate that mounted to the Predator. I had to put spacers in between to raise the engine. I think it is sitting 1-7/16" higher. I will try to get some measurements when I can get to the tractor. I can make a CAD drawing if you think it would help.

#32 · (Edited)
Tried a 90" belt from TSC, liked the fact that I could adjust the tension with the mule drive knob. Mowed for an hour everything went well. Checked the battery voltage (12.70) I am thrilled as it appears that at least for a hour the charging system held its own while using the electric PTO.

BE SURE YOU CAN FIND A REPLACEMENT AIR FILTER BEFORE YOU BUY THIS 22 HP Harbor Freight 670 ENGINE.

If you know where to get one please let me know.

#34 ·
That great that you have it up and mowing.

Tried a 90" belt from TSC, liked the fact that I could adjust the tension with the mule drive knob.

BE SURE YOU CAN FIND A REPLACEMENT AIR FILTER BEFORE YOU BUY THIS 22 HP Harbor Freight 670 ENGINE.

I've used the TSC belts on my 120 and 140 and they lasted about 20 to 30 hours of mowing. I've tried others also and the same thing, but a JD belt lasts about 3 seasons.
If you cannot find a replacement air filter, you could make (or have someone make) a new filter box that would fit a common filter. Just let us know if you come up with one.

I hope to get the restoration of the 2 314's I'm working on done soon, and then I'll get back to the 2 140's I started several years ago. I'm looking maybe using the same engine to repower one of them. I have a home machine shop and I'll be able to make everything I need if I do the conversion.

#35 ·
Jeff,
For my the Honda GX670 I add the valve sold by Honda.
The part # is: 15558-ZJ1-010AH
Some description on eBay said M14x1.5

For my 318 this valve is too long then I had to drill a hole in the frame.
Then I drill the hole big enough for a 10MM socket.

This valve didn't solve the mess when replacing the oil filter.
I made a kind of bath and drain to grab the oil from the valve and also the filter.

I still have to add gasket maker at the bottom and side of the base of the engine.

Outside I add this box and pipe:

I have to solve a problem, the oil flow from the filter create a curve to the front outside the bath. :-(
I still don't know how to solve this problem because with the new paint and the motor installed I don't want to weld anymore.

This is the first test:

Andre

Attachments

#38 ·
Couple things an extractor won't solve the oil that leaks when the oil filter is removed however raising the opposite side of the tractor an make a small hole in the filter may be able to drain the oil inside the filter into another container.
Shady was there a part number for the filter? Maybe a Google search will reveal something? If Harbor Freight is putting their name on it they should be able to source one for you.

#41 ·
Gary

I have requested written permission to disclose Harbor Freight Product Support's reply to my eMail. No reason that I can see not to but they include a restriction on their eMail to not share with a third party without prior written permission.

Anyone that may want an air filter (AIR CLEANER ASM (142)) for the Predator 670 (61614) should call 1-888-866-5797, Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm (PST). DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU NEED IT TO ORDER.

I roughly measured the filter 8 5/8" X 6 3/8" X 1 1/8" *** There is a hole to allow passage of a stud that is used to contain the air cleaner top cover and knob.

I also roughly measured the Honda GX620 and GX670 filters 8 3/4" X 6 7/16" X 1 1/4" Their plastic frame has a support about where the hole is in the HF model.

I have had no luck finding the measurements for the Lifan 22 HP but from what I can see there is no hole in the middle of the filter.

#44 ·
Shady,
I saw this filter on eBay with the housing box but it's the old style.
Look carefully, the filter have a hole in the center.

Long time ago a member here complain about this filter setup, he found little dust under the filter.
Honda had probably more complain and they made the new one to solve this problem.

Andre

#45 ·
Thanks Andre the Harbor Freight Predator 670 has the hole in the filter There is a "washer type device" that goes over the prefilter on the stud (of course I promptly lost it when I took the filter out for measurement) that maybe to help block the hole from dust?

The clone may have changed things 'just enough' to avoid Honda. Otherwise maybe replacing the housing box with Honda's old style maybe worthwhile or even their new style?

#47 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.