Weekend Freedom Machines banner

My 332 Adventure

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  knottyrope 
#1 ·
Recently picked up this little jewel. The original deck was rusted out and the spindle mounts had failed. Called JD and ordered the replacement 48" deck. That thing installed perfect and cuts well.

The PO left it to sit on his back porch for about two years. He replaced the battery and cracked the injectors to get it to start. In doing so, apparently the injectors became loose in the block. I tried mowing with it and was less than impressed. Thought it was gutless. Opened the hood and saw diesel pooling around the rear and center injectors. It woukd froth when I increased the throttle. I pulled all the injectors lines off and tightened the injectors. Everything went together great. It bled quick and fired right up. Did another test mow and it was much better. Hardly bogged down in the thicker stuff.

I was mowing some of our hard to reach places and became stuck. Tried picking up on the fender to slide a board underneath and the bolt snapped. At th point I'm considering pulling the pan off and repainting it.

List of pressing mods

new fuel filter housing. Leaks at the input.
New fuel lines and fuel cap
new tires f/r. These are dry rotted and won't cut it. Would like some 25" aggressive thread
new hyd hoses for front blade
repair trailer mover on 3pt. Someone overloaded it and bent the right side.

I do have the missing panel. Left it off till I confirmed all fuel leaks were stopped

painting might wait till winter when I'm not doing a bunch of work. Currently has 1107 hrs

brett

Here she is. I also added a pic of her big brother.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I think it's going to be a long and expensive road but I'm considering the 332 an investment. If I get a few years of service out of it and make my money plus some back when I sell I'd say that would be great

led light bar has been one of the best mods so far. I do a bunch of work at our place once my boy goes to bed and the light allows me to mow as long as I'd like. Luckily the baby monitor has a great range so I can still keep an eye on him from across the pasture. I'm working on a hyd top link for it right now

25 tires up front might make it hard to level the deck unless you get bigger fronts which can rub on deck
Sorry for the confusion. 25s in the rear and I'll have to do some figuring to see what size fronts. The front wheels are bent pretty bad. Are new rims reasonable or would I be better off searching CL for a less damaged set?

brett

#3 ·
25 tires up front might make it hard to level the deck unless you get bigger fronts which can rub on deck

#5 ·
Rims can be found cheap on ebay at times or CL. post an add on here too in the wanted section

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.