Weekend Freedom Machines banner

My Interpretation of a 1969 110

8K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  mikeduwe 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals,
Here after 20 months of fun and swearing is my finished 110.And by No Means is it perfect! I am proud of myself for getting through it though,as I have never done anything like this before.

I'd like to Thank everyone on WFM for there help with a gazillion questions I had,and for parts I could not find anywhere.I'd also like to thank Kate at Hapco

There are countless other people and businesses I would like to thank aswell

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Grant, I had just posted in another thread about how good the hood looked. AND the rest of the tractor is super nice. You really did a great job on it. I had just finished my first restoration of a 330 back in January of this year. You have it so very close to being perfect that I would just go ahead and give it a score of 100 + + + +. And I love your choice of tires on it.

#6 ·
Nice work, Grant! Nothing like finishing that first tractor restore and knowing the hard work shows.

Reactions: Grant Baker
#9 · (Edited)
Grant,

Very nice work!! And thanks for the great pictures as well -- we always like to see the successes that members here have as the result of the knowledge sharing this site provides.

:thumb:

Chuck

... by the way, if I were to try to caption the second picture for that young man so deep in thought, it would go something like this:
"it is so nice now that I wonder if I will ever be allowed to use it..."

#10 ·
One more thought Grant,

As you can see from my avatar, I have a center blade on my 322 tractor. When you use your center blade you will really enjoy it -- one of the better attachments that I have made for my own uses.
BUT...it does nothing for keeping the tractor clean... :lol:

Chuck

#11 ·
Thanks Chuck,I don't know if I'm gonna use the blade or not.On one hand thr tractor is too clean,and on the other hand if I use it,it may look better (except the dust).But that is why I got it in the first place,was seeing all the different attachments available here on WFM that the 43c was the most useful to me

#13 ·
Grant,

Are those tires filled? You may want to have added weight with using the center blade and filled tires or wheel weights are a good choice. I already had the rear bracket so suitcase weights are seen on my avatar. It is hard to see, but the center weight is a 70 pound one in that picture -- I later added more of that style since they are the same space consumed on the bracket as a 42 pound version. The 70 pound weights are too large to use on the lower height front weight brackets, but work out well on the taller rear one. Here is a picture or two showing the comparative sizes:

Chuck

Attachments

#16 ·
It's really okay with him,he has his even 1 year older tractor to mess around on :yahoo:

#17 ·
Grant, I had the privilege of seeing your 110 today at the Upper Canada Two Cylinder Club show In Grand Valley today. It does look awesome. Your pictures look awesome but it even looks better in to see it in real. I had a 140 and a 214 at the other end of the row. I tried to fine you so I could introduce myself to you and chat about the JD's, unfortunately we didn't connect.
I am not sure you need weight as I don't think that blade will ever see dirt!!!
Doug

#18 ·
Hey Doug,I saw your tractors and was looking for you to come around also,maybe next time,Thanks for the compliments

#19 ·
Thought maybe a before and after shot was in order

Before

After

Attachments

#22 ·
Standard size tires,escapes me now without looking at them

#27 ·
Well I did some numbers today,not including my time and a few miscilanious bills it cost $4664.38CDN to restore my tractor.Good thing I got the tractor for free!!!
Oh well,such is life,or money well spent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.