Weekend Freedom Machines banner

212 46" deck idlers

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  njharvs 
#1 ·
Can anyone post the part numbers for the 2 idler pulleys on the deck. I ordered parts from a JD drawing i found thinking it was for my deck. The drawing showed bushings instead of bearings. When i pulled off the tensioner pulley, i noticed it has bearings. Been looking at JDs sectional indexes of a couple decks that are similar but cant find mine.

#4 ·
If you can post the ID tag info off of your deck it would allow us to confirm what specific model rotary mower you have. For example, the earlier decks were known as a model 47. The later decks were referred to as ether a 46-Inch Mid-Mount or a 46-Inch Tractor Mounted rotary mower for 200 series tractors. The idler sheave part numbers are not the same for the two series. The parts catalog for the later deck does show that a plastic bushing (M81677) is required to reduce the sheave bore down to ½”. The actual idler sheave will have an integral bearing built into it (so if the bearing is bad you replace the entire sheave). In general, a bushing is only needed in cases where either the sheave's bore diameter needs to be reduced or a standoff offset is required.

#5 ·
Its HO47, 3 blade with 2 rear wheels. Ive replace bearings in all 3 spindles. The idlers dont have play in them but they growl. It was a new to me deck that was stored outside so there was some serious surface rust under the belt cover.
When I search the parts catalog, what would i enter into the search bar? 47, ho47, or the entire tag?
Thanks!

#7 ·
The H047 part of the ID tag is referred to as either the type code or the model ID code. John Deere has a product identification parts catalog (PC2797) that allows you to look up that code to see what specific parts catalog it is covered by and what the actual model name is. That particular type code was used on model 47 rotary mowers which are covered by parts catalog 1082. Be advised that PC1082 covers both the model 47 and the model 39 rotary mowers. In JDParts, you can enter the model number or model name, which in your case is 47. I also like to select the “exact model search” box as it can dramatically cut down on the number of erroneous listings. JDParts has other search options including searching directly by PC number.

Prior to my previous response I failed to see if the idler part number listed in PC1082 subbed to a new number (good catch Roger). It turns out the same idler part number is being listed for both the model 47 and the 46” Mid-Mount. The JDParts specs for idler AM37249 state that it has a 0.667 bore diameter so a bushing would be required to reduce it to the ½” bolt size. Bushing M81677 is called out in both parts catalogs and has an OD of 0.660” and an ID of 0.508”. I know that many of the original idlers use to come with the reducing bushing but based on what I am seeing on JDParts it looks like for this application they need to be purchased separately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.