Bringing a 318 back from the dead - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing a 318 back from the dead

Display Name: Doug Hank

Thanks
    I live in Effort which is just a few miles south of the Pocono Raceway.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Display Name: Doug Hank

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lt230s View Post

You got a good start there with the 318. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are a lot of knowledgable people here.
    Depending on where in Poconos you are you may not be far away from me. I'm located right in corner of NY near PA/NJ
    I live in Effort which is just a few miles south of Pocono Raceway.

Display Name: farmero

Thanks
    Welcome Doug! I too am back new to this forum. Also, I am from the Lehigh Valley, just on the north side with the Blue Mountain in the background. Enjoy the mountains and keep in touch.

Display Name: Douglas (Doug) Hager
    Thanks

From another Doug. I own 2 318's one is a 1983 with 54 blade and 30 hydraulic tiller and a 1986 with a 44 loader which has both bucket and brush forks. As had been said before ask questions and search the site, you should find answers.
    "Everybody is a genius.
    But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."
    Albert Einstein

Display Name: JRL/John

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlang View Post
    Doug, Answering your private message to me thru WFM. Many of the metal firewalls on these machines are broken at the narrow spot on each side. Sometimes mechanics just cut them there when working on them rather than using expensive hourly labor charges to unbolt the firewall bolts on the bottom of the firewall as they should have. I have two solutions. Just remove both the top part and the lower part and have it reattached by a good welder who might use a patch on the rear side, or maybe pop rivet a patch without welding that thin metal. A new firewall insulation that I sell would probably hold the top and bottom portions together also, since it has full adhesive backing that is really strong. Hope this helps. jlang@traer.net
    <<<my email for this forum is changed now to langjohn260@gmail.com

Display Name: JRL/John

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlang View Post
    ANOTHER TIP...

You have an excellent opportunity right now while the engine is removed to install a new firewall insulation kit. This is very important to help extend the life of your engine. Here are a few photos of the kit I sell here on this WFM site thru PayPal. You can contact me at jlang@traer.net if you are interested in more info. or search mylar here on this WFM site.
    <<<my email for this forum is changed now to langjohn260@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12