Resurrection of a 1987 214 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Resurrection of a 1987 214

Display Name: ReedS

Thanks
    I haven't given up on the 87 yet! I figured out that the issue I was having with the clutch and main drive belt was an assembly error on my part. I had the main drive pulley backwards on the crank so when I tightened up the PTO bolt the main drive pully pressed tight against the back of the PO cluthc and the whole assembly locked up solid. That meant that when the crank turned the entire PTO asembly turned and was stopped by the peg on the side of the motor, resulting in the crank stopping turning. I flipped the main drive pulley and all is well. I am getting close to being ready to try starting the rebuilt engine. I need to get a good bettery and the right oil and cross my fingers that the wiring and coil are in good enough condition to run the engine.

I swapped the front rims and tires from the 87 onto the 77 and did a bit of bulldozing with the 77 today. It worked great, until the battery died and the ignition broke up. I need a good battery and I also need to adjust the carb on the 77. But it ran well enough to push some dirt around.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345