Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Choke shaft on 110 carb

701 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kennyw 
#1 ·
When we were clenaing our carb out, we took it all apart and when we wanted to get the choke shaft out we broke one of the screws off. Is there anyone who has the parts, or have any ideas? The dealers dont cary the shaft any more they make you buy a new carb. Thanks for the help.

Mike

#4 ·
Hey Mike, good to see that you're working on the 110. Bummer on the choke shaft. (Mike and I are cousins)

I would try a Kohler dealer, as suggested. If no luck there, I would post a request for a junk carb in the Wanted to Buy Section on this website.

If still no luck, there's a mower junk yard in our area, I could call and see if he has a junk carb that you could take the choke shaft from. You could also try e-mailing some of the frequent ebay sellers, they may auction off a junker if they think someone is interested.

Let us know what you find out.

Neil

#5 ·
Punch out the old screws with an awl and file the back of the tapped holes so the shaft will slide out. Remember to do this over a pan so that the detent ball and spring on the LH side will not get lost (they usually fly out and are gone forever). FWIW, I generally do not remove the choke shaft as it doesn't wear enough to cause a vacuum leak (think of how many times it rotates, not many) Kenny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.