Weekend Freedom Machines banner

HH100 Rebuild Question

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  pete3046 
#1 ·
Hello,
My 1968 JD112 has the 10hp tecumseh HH100 engine. The engine has pretty bad blue smoking and maybe some loss of power. I’d like to rebuild the engine and was wondering if there is any general feedback regarding rebuilding these engines and also the best parts source? I’m planning for piston/rings/valves/gaskets/carb rebuilt.

I included a picture of the old girl at work – slinging ****!

Thank you,
Pete

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Definitely locate parts before hand as others have stated it’s very difficult to locate parts.

On a side note, your slinger is awesome! I need one like that for spreading compost!

#5 ·
Check Jack's small engines,I've got parts from there sent here to Canada

#6 · (Edited)
I had good luck with pats small engine for Tecumseh parts a few years ago. Rebuilt an HH 100 on a 67 112.

There are some pistons that are no longer available so you might have to do more than you want. From my research at the time. Could be different now but there were no aftermarket parts like there are for Kohler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Thanks guys. I did notice that parts for the HH100 might be difficult to find. I just did all the prep to pull the motor so I think I’m going to continue. We’ve only had the tractor for a little over two years. The thought was that we could find more jobs for her to do with an engine refresh and that she might live for another 50 years!

Thanks,
Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.