80 patio cart question

Thread: 80 patio cart question

Display Name: Adam
    Thanks

80 patio cart question

So I brought this home today and it has two different wheels on it I’m assuming the yellow wheel is the correct one. If it is would any front wheel off of the tractors fit? Also is the paint called dogwood white? Where would a guy purchase the paint?

2. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: Bob Decker

Thanks
    In the JD Consumer Products line that rim is unique to that particular dump cart. It used bushings as opposed to bearings found on most JD garden tractors. You might be able to adapt a GT wheel but it won't be a direct swap. As for the paint I'm not going to get into that one as there are a lot of opinions but no hands down 100% fact answer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bobd For This Useful Post:

ed_lincoln (11-20-2019)

Display Name: Loosenut08
    Thanks
    You will not be able to get a paint color that matches that paint exactly. The old white was lead based and since we can't use lead in todays paint no one has been able to exactly reproduce that color. There are companys out there can get somewhat close. Some people think it looks original untill you compare the two but it has always been a clear difference to me. It is dogwood white. One thing to keep in mind is that color is the only way to prove that your cart is a true patio and not just one painted to be. As for the wheel I believe it is correct other than it is yellow as opposed to white.

6. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: Roger Henning

Thanks
    The problem with tractor wheels is the offset is wrong. Trailer wheels are offset and 80 wheels are centered. 200 wheels can fit but require a longer axles and spacers on each side to make up for the offset set. Factory Patio wheels wee white. Roger
    Last edited by woodpecker41; 11-19-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Display Name: richard fuerstenberg

Thanks
    A couple thoughts on the paint , if you have a tractor supply or similar near you they sell a full line of AG paint colors you might find one that's close . Or you can clean up the tailgate , remove it and any paint store/Home Depot/Lowes can scan it and their computer will make up a formula .