Suggestions on how to place value on implements. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions on how to place value on implements.

Display Name: John Duffey

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Baker View Post
    Any pics of the Brinly? I have a Brinly disc and want a second,but it has to match the first.
    I have a couple #1
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: John Duffey

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Baker View Post
    Any pics of the Brinly? I have a Brinly disc and want a second,but it has to match the first.
    Picture #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Display Name: Grant Baker
    Thanks
    Ahhhh, way too new, worth a try. Thanks John
    ,1966 60 parts tractor,1968 60 w/mower,1968 110 side tag w/ 43 snow blade, 1968 110 w/1974 80 cart,1968 112 w/mower,1969 110,​1999 LX277 w/mower and blower.43C center blade,Brinly sleeve hitch plow,Brinly disc,Brinly cultivator

Display Name: Army
    Thanks
    Been watching for a 3 pt 4 ft wide dbl gang disk for my 400 for about 10 years now. They're either priced way too high or they're too far away. I'd like to have one for straightening up the sides and back of our 3 acre parcel where it meets what used to be dad's fields. It's always a pain in the butt to mow the first couple rounds at the boundaries and there's always big dirt clods strewn about in the grass. I use my 54 front blade to scrape them back into the field. The farmer that rented dad's land for 20 years before I sold it was fussy and did a nice neat job but the new owner has a bunch of yahoos working for him that can't drive straight. And they turn the outside corners so wide at the back I sometimes wonder if they're getting paid by the mile. The first year was actually not too bad but it went downhill from there.

Army

• 1981 JD 400, 1980 JD 400, 1975 JD 400, various JD 400 attachments, 1966 JD 110 RF, 1979 JD 214, JD L100, JD 111
    • Cub Cadet Model 71, Ford 8N w/6 ft Woods belly deck, Ford 860
    • 1990 EZGO (gator wannabe), 1997 Club Car and 1970 Cushman golf carts
    • 2000 F150 4x4 shortbox stepside, 1976 Corvette, 1950 F1 Ford pickup, 1996 Splash 5.0 V8 project
    • Armstrong 3 HP antique stationary engine (runs like a top) and a couple other hit and miss type engines

Display Name: naplesjoe

Thanks
    My experience is there is no set price on any of this older equipment. No book value. And little value can be placed on what "something went for in this area". If you want to sell it, it's worth what somebody will pay. Best to list as "no reasonable offer refused" but for whatever reason some sites don't like this. They insist on pricing the item as a condition of posting. In my case I'm always willing to discuss prices and I expect to negotiate when buying or selling.

Expect to hear "wish I were closer" or something similar that is an often seen response when you post with a fair price and I can't figure out what that is suppose to mean. Maybe the guy just wants to live where I do? (I wonder if they post that when browsing a dating site?) I've offered to deliver for free and had no response. Not that I'm desperate but its part of the hobby. Traveling around the country is one of our favorite pastimes in retirement. If the gas, wear and tear on the truck is paid for, I'm usually happy. And I do enjoy meeting folks with similar interests. Shipping is said to be the worse part of getting rid of this stuff, but I have come to doubt that a bit. It's a pain in the butt getting these things to the shipper but cost really isn't an issue if the transaction is fair. And the buyer almost always gets it dropped off in their driveway. Whatever you buy, shipping is part of the cost and somebody has to pay for it.

Next you hear (Scored! or stole) from folks who recently bought an item. I would suggest they hold off with the excitement until the day they sell it comes and somebody else "scores" at their expense. It's pretty childish to make a statement like that especially if the person you scored on was simply trying to be fair and let it go to a more useful purpose. If you "scored" at the expense of an elderly widow, well most of won't share your excitement. I've given away an item for free and seen a post similar to that!

Just keep in mind that these sites are really intended to help folks with similar interests. Not to make profits.

Done. Guess it's time to join "ARMY" and take a nap.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naplesjoe For This Useful Post:

gabby_in_wis (12-17-2019),motiv8 (12-20-2019)

Display Name: Graham

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by army View Post
    I'll add to what he said with the notion that once they advertise it they start thinking about what they're gonna do with the money and their price becomes rigid, no matter what the reality is.
    This is really an interesting thought, I mostly dabble in vintage motorcycle stuff but suffice to say i buy and sell lots of odd stuff on craigslist/ FB/ etc. every year and i've noticed this before. Someone has no idea what something is worth but once they hear one person telling them its gold they clam up and refuse to listen to reason.

I agree with Joe 100%, so many people turn a simple business transaction into bloodsport, its ridiculous. Like somehow you're 'winning' or 'loosing' and you have to win the transaction or you'll just let the damn thing rot in your yard out of spite. If thats what brings ya happiness so be it, for me once i'm ready to get rid of something i usually just want it gone with as little headache as possible.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to motzingg For This Useful Post:

motiv8 (12-20-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12