Hi guys, Anyone have a digital owners manual for this unit?
some of you may have seen my thread in the wrong "repair" section of this forum. Two days ago I picked up an X585 for my uncle. He wanted a setup like my 322 with cab, blower, and mower deck. When I spotted this setup, I knew it would suite him well. The cab on these X585s is huge and roomy. Wish my 322 cozy cab had that feel. I do enjoy the foot pedals for fwd/rvrs.
This X585 (2003) has the Kawasaki 25hp (PO said is was 27) liquid cooled V-twin motor with 1100hrs (just turned when I played with it yesterday) on it. It has a very nice cab with heat plumbed in, a QH single stage blower, and 54" deck.
It seems to run well but I have noticed a few things that need addressing and maybe you guys can help me out. Wish I noticed some of these things before picking it up, but I had my 2 year old and 6 mo old with me. Needless to say my attention was divided.
Things I noticed:
1) throttle linkage/cable is binding a little and the operation is not smooth but it does move its full intended range of operation.
2) Parking brake/brakes need adjusting as it will not stop on an incline.
3) Cruise control via the Parking brake level does not engage, assuming I was doing correctly.
4) The rear lift cylinder is somewhat rusted and does not move. I will clean the rust off the piston and see of that changes anything. There may be a lock out valve in play here but I don't know where it is.
5) I am planning a tune up and complete fluid change for this thing.
6) some surface rust exists on the underside from snow removal in NJ, so that will be addressed.
7) The rear diff is locked and the linkage will not pop back up disengaging the diff.. The PO said the linkage binds sometimes. we will see once I get under there. I installed a locking 430 diff in my 322 and that linkage doesn't bind.
8) I switched between 2wd and 4wd several times but didn't feel any difference in the way it drove, so maybe its working fine. I did donuts in a field and drove on the pavement a little.
9) Fuel gauge does not work. I looked up the JD sending unit...$70ish but I don't know if that's the issue or not.
The only other thing that really bothers me is the fact that the guy said everything functions correctly other than the diff lock sticking. However, he was hiding things and I have contacted him about this already.
I will post pics tomorrow.