Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Control Valve for JD 44 Loader

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jimpennycuff 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a "butchered" JD 44 loader that is missing the control valve. I was wondering if this valve was standard "off-the-shelf" item from Parker, Vickers or some other company. I know that I can buy a valve that I can make work but would like to have one like the original. Thanks, Jim P.

#2 ·
John Deere used a Cessna valve for this and my valve on my 318 looks very similar. However you would be getting something used.

You will need an open center two spool valve rated up to 10 gallons per minute. The 44 loader pumps ranged from 4.5 to 5.25 GPM. for a new valve I look at Surplus Center. Here is an example of one that I believe would work. https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...M-Chief-220907-DA-Hydraulic-Valve-9-12461.axd

#4 ·
From the ads it looks like the same valve ... Chief SKU 220907.

You can buy it from Surplus Center from $120 or Bailey's for $180?

Gabby

#5 ·
Thanks for your replies. I actually have another 44 loader on a 420 so today I decided to take the valve off to see if there might be a tag on it. It does have a tag that says Dukes Fluid Power St. Charles, IL 355.SJ 27FATS602NF. I googled Dukes and found out that they had been acquired by a company called QCC in Schiller Park, IL. So far, they have not been able to help me but they continue to research. I really would like to have and original, bolt-in valve but may go the Surplus Center route if all else fails. Thanks again for your help. Jim P.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.