Weekend Freedom Machines banner

116H Problems

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cubby 
#1 ·
My 116H project is coming along, New muffler and new tires. My problem right now is keeping it running. It starts just as it should then dies after 10-15 seconds. There is fuel at the filter, so I guess one of the pumps is working, the one under the battery is new. The carb has a 3-screw pump. This 2 pump setup has me stumped. If the carb mounted pump fails shouldn't the external pump be able to push the gas on thru, or is that my problem?

#3 ·
Roger, It has a 3 screw pump. The pump under the battery box was stock but was gummed up from sitting for a few years. I checked the new on and it's working. I have a rebuild kit and will give it a try, but I've never had much luck rebuilding these carbs. They seem to be more susceptible to varnish build up from ethanol than most others. The old Briggs sounds really good when it's running so I hope this works. Let me know if there are any tricks to fixing these carbs, PLEASE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.