316k cab options - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 316k cab options

Display Name: Jerry
    Thanks
    I was thinking the same thing about the hinges. I'm still considering my options. Hopefully I will hear back about the cab I found. I'm not sure how complete it is but the main frame is there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: Joe Bunovsky

Thanks
    I waited years to find this cab: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RzDNN4Rdy6rZmUtJ6 I found it on ebay and bought it from a guy in Wisconsin and I live in Connecticut. He was nice enough to put it on a pallet and take it to a Fastenall store. It showed up at my local Fastenall about a week later and the shipping was about $250 if I remember. I couldn't be happier with it. Keep looking, you'll find one but it will come at a premium if at all during the winter months. I bought mine last spring. Here it is on the pallet: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Sv36yiXdpSEiScCS9

Display Name: FV318

Thanks
    I have a TY15380 cab that I was in the process of rehabbing when I bought a pickup truck with a plow. Now I only use the 318 with blower for cleanup after plowing, so I can wait until its calm and get less snow blown back on me. I still want to finish the cab but not sure I'll mount it. I won't want it on for most of the year and the 100 other uses for the tractor. I'd like to hear from folks out there who have cabs: do you take them off for summer? is it simple? or do you take the doors off, the windshield out and just leave the frame on for summer? I'll admit it would be really nice to have the cab when I'm blowing snow, but putting up with some "dander" seems easier than dealing with taking the cab on and off.

5. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: Russ Smies

Thanks
    IMO, a cab is an attachment that makes doing work easier. I have an early model JD soft side cab on my 332. The front vinyl is trimmed to fit a 140 hood and there is a big gap between the bottom of the doors and the fender pan. The 332 pulls air over the radiator from below the steering wheel, so there is plenty of fresh (cold) air flow keeping the front glass clear. My yard has swirling wind around house and garage, so the cab is a well worth having. Mine hangs from the ceiling when the snowblower comes off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Display Name: Mr Bill

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The dutchman View Post
    Seems to be the best way to find one.

I've been doing some research on Google and other forums. It looks like a few guys have built cabs from wood. Some of them actually look really nice. I have basically a full woodshop at home so maybe I'll go that route. With the correct bracing and build technique it should be plenty strong.

I stole this pic from another forum. Looks good to me.
    Can be done. That frame looks like a good start. I wanted a cab for years... blowing snow in -20 wind chill is NOT fun. Thought about building one from scratch, but just never did. Found a JD cab frame from a 216 for a hundred $, No soft panels or doors. Fabbed up wood doors, framed and plywood on both sides, glued and screwed; used storm door panes for glass on the sides. Glass front window and plastic rear window came with cab frame. Had to extend the front legs a few inches to mount relatively level, and boxed in the front with wood .... mostly pine 1x2 and 1/8" plywood. It's on a Sears SS16 -- - blew slush with it last week, and it was so warm I had to open my jacket... pleny of room to operate controls and steer. Some guys have mounted 12v fans for defogging, but I had no problem. Wiper was nice to have, too. Found a 320 with a factory JD cab ...soft side, door, and apron: NICE. Can't wait to get it out in the snow! Sorry about the sideways images, my bad... looked OK when selected. :-(
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by edcbill; 01-22-2020 at 09:57 PM. Reason: apology

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djeargazm View Post
    I waited years to find this cab: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RzDNN4Rdy6rZmUtJ6 I found it on ebay and bought it from a guy in Wisconsin and I live in Connecticut. He was nice enough to put it on a pallet and take it to a Fastenall store. It showed up at my local Fastenall about a week later and the shipping was about $250 if I remember. I couldn't be happier with it. Keep looking, you'll find one but it will come at a premium if at all during the winter months. I bought mine last spring. Here it is on the pallet: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Sv36yiXdpSEiScCS9
    That Cozy is a NICE cab!

Display Name: Smodigity

Thanks

Display Name: Smodigity

Thanks
    Took me 15 years. But she is close to where I want her. This year she got a new motor. New paint and the cab I have always wanted. The cab has radio with blue tooth. Back up camera heater is to be delivered tomorrow...strobe lights new led tail lights and headlights

Thanks
    Bob Smo: Nice! I'm still trying to figure out why it took me 20 yrs to wake up and get a cab! Back up camera, too. Great idea! I'm 72...head doesn't swivel as well as it used to!

Display Name: dond

Thanks
    No one has yet spoken to the issue of fog on the windows. Guys?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast