installing wheel weights on a 316 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: installing wheel weights on a 316

Display Name: Jeff
    Thanks
    If I remember correctly the plastic weights are a bit easier than the cast weights. Its been a few years since I've used some but I remember that they slide into the wheel a bit, making them easier to hold in place. I also remember that they would become stuck inside the rim and can be a pain to remove.
    73 110 39 deck
    72 112 47 deck
    73 140 H3 48 deck
    37A Blower
    31 Tiller
    33 Tiller
    54 4 way Blade
    80 cart

https://www.wfmachines.com/forums/sh...10-restoration

2. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: faithie999

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw53 View Post
    If I remember correctly the plastic weights are a bit easier than the cast weights. Its been a few years since I've used some but I remember that they slide into the wheel a bit, making them easier to hold in place. I also remember that they would become stuck inside the rim and can be a pain to remove.
    yes, the plastic-covered weights snug up right against the wheel. there are 5 recesses on the back side of the weights to accommodate the thickness of the wheel lug nuts.

Display Name: Jesse Kooistra
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw53 View Post
    Once you shove the plastic ones in place they will stay there. I put a light behind the wheel to see if the holes in the wieght and rim are lined up then put the carriage bolts in from the back.

Display Name: KnottyRope
    Thanks
    plastic weights when they crack, start to rust with the steel inside and swell up

hit them with some wd40 and it can break free easier

Never had an issue with cast starter weights installing by hand and hold in place with my knee while bolting
    1st 69 140 H3 with 49 thrower, wheel weights tri ribs, Firestone Turfs and can borrow my dads attachments
    2nd 69 140 H3 with deck and front weight bracket
    84 420 with turfs, chains, 46 thrower, wheel weights and rear weight bracket - my winter warrior
    91 430 with turfs on front, Firestone 23 on rear, 50 in deck and MCS 2 bagger - my summer fuel sipper
    95 F350 XLT 4x4 CrewCab 7.3 Diesel

Got KIK? Send me your KIK name via PM to be added into the WFM KIK Group.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12