Looking for Carburetor Parts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Carburetor Parts

Display Name: LukeDM
    Thanks

Looking for Carburetor Parts

Howdy all! I recently picked up a 1987 210 with no deck for $100. It was obvious that it sat with water in the fuel for quite some time, because the carburetor was disgustingly filthy. In the course of cleaning it, I knocked out a couple of the welch plugs, thinking they'd be easy enough to come by. Boy was I wrong. I've tried every small engine repair shop near me to no avail. It has the Walbro WHG carburetor on it, and I took out the plug for the two idle jets, as a plug for a bowl vent. In the attached picture it's the spot circled in green, and the empty orifice to the left of that. Unfortunately, they're two different sizes.
    behind_welch_plug.JPG

Does anybody know where a person could come up with some new welch plugs? I've been trying to spend as little on this mower as possible. It's a fun game. I have $100 in the mower, another $100 in the battery, and a little bit of fuel & carb cleaner right now. I'll post pics of the restore because the original paint shined up beautifully with some rubbing compound. I'd like just to replace the welch plugs because I finally have the carburetor running great while you hold you finger over the empty spot. Plus these old Walbros are made so much better than their cheap asian counterparts.

Let me know if anyone knows where I can come by these parts. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Display Name: Roger Henning

Thanks
    You can buy a replacement Chinese carburetor for less than $20 shipped. I have had good luck with them. Roger

5. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: Bob Meyer

Thanks
    Did you search on-line? How about NAPA or any auto parts stores. They may not stock them, but they can probably order them for you.

BTW, the tractor came out REALLY great! Bob
    '80 317 w/18hp B&S and divert valve for rear hydraulics, 3 pt hitch, 5' york rake
    '82 314 w/rear PTO for tiller
    33 tiller
    49 thrower
    54 4 way blade
    Mod 48 deck & Mod 462 TracVac

Display Name: John Johnson
    Thanks
    Agree with Bob, a quick search turned up several places. I got some several years ago from my local small engine/mower repair guy. Don't remember cost but were not expensive.
    John J.

'67 112
    '69 112H-project waiting to happen
    '72 110 - daily worker w/ 39 deck, 43 blade, 37A blower
    '73 140 H3 w/ deck
    bunch of off color GTs also

Display Name: John F Hoppes

Thanks

Display Name: tmac

Thanks
    iSaveTractors.com might be able to provide some at a decent price.

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I was able to find a repair kit for sale through one of the links, so we'll see if they fit. If not, I'll be putting a Chinese carburetor on.

Display Name: tmac

Thanks
    Sometimes old carbs are just too far gone or have been bodged too many times by POs. Don't feel bad if you have to replace it, what counts is getting the fitment and linkage right so your engine can work reliably.

Display Name: Hec In Omaha
    Thanks
    LukeDM,

You will find out by searching posts here, that the Walbro Carb is not as desirable as the Carter Carbs that were offered for your 210. The reason being is that your Walbro doesn't have the adjustability of the Carter Carb. The Carter Carb has a high speed mixture needle and an idle mixture needle. This really helps in dialing in the carb. I would recommend you find a Carter #26 Carburetor (Or Chinese Clone of the Carter #26) and get the linkage that goes between the carb and the governor arm. I know you can easily get parts for this carb too. You will be happier in the long run.

Good luck

Hec
    1978 JD 210H with: 43C Center Blade, 37-A Snow Blower, M43 Front Blade with Manual Angle Kit, 38" 2-blade deck (Older Style) with Tricycler Mulching kit, 38" 2-blade deck (Newer Style) with Powerflow QT, 6.5 Bushel 2- bag grass catcher, MC519 Cart Collection System, 16 Gallon Sprayer & Rack For MC519, TY13056 Front mount thatcher, 48" landscape rake, JD 40” Plug Aerator, sleeve hitch, rear wheel weights and chains, High Power LED front headlights, and wig-wag rear tail lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast