Green Dealer Beware

Thread: Green Dealer Beware

Display Name: MrTaz

Thanks

Green Dealer Beware

A while back I bought some parts for my 332 on the Green Dealer website. All the parts I ordered were suppose to be cadmium plated. Out of about six parts only one part was plated. I went to their website and did a review of their parts that I recieved. Of course the review of the parts were not positive and after a couple weeks I went back to see if the reviews were posted. They were not posted and in fact the parts that i purchased showed no reviews were ever posted that were negative or positive. I suspect that this company will not post any negative reviews of the products that they sell. After discovering this I looked at the reviews on their eBay site and there were a lot of negative reviews on eBay too. All this brings up a question. Where else can we buy parts for our tractors that do not include this company or the dealership?

I know these companies all charge MSRP for the parts but where I live the dealers charge more than MSRP for a lot of the parts that they sell. I try to avoid these companies when I can especially since these dealers have been bought up by larger dealers and are pretty much guilty of price fixing with their higher than MSRP prices.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrTaz For This Useful Post:

Merc1973 (02-26-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: Sam Myers
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTaz View Post
    A while back I bought some parts for my 332 on the Green Dealer website. All the parts I ordered were suppose to be cadmium plated. Out of about six parts only one part was plated. I went to their website and did a review of their parts that I recieved. Of course the review of the parts were not positive and after a couple weeks I went back to see if the reviews were posted. They were not posted and in fact the parts that i purchased showed no reviews were ever posted that were negative or positive. I suspect that this company will not post any negative reviews of the products that they sell. After discovering this I looked at the reviews on their eBay site and there were a lot of negative reviews on eBay too. All this brings up a question. Where else can we buy parts for our tractors that do not include this company or the dealership?

I know these companies all charge MSRP for the parts but where I live the dealers charge more than MSRP for a lot of the parts that they sell. I try to avoid these companies when I can especially since these dealers have been bought up by larger dealers and are pretty much guilty of price fixing with their higher than MSRP prices.
    I ordered 15 parts from GreenPartsStore and they all came plated. I don't see why two of the same site (GPS and GD) would have different results. The only difference is that GreenPartsStore actually posts the reviews, as it seems.
    1982 John deere 317, powered by Kohler Magnum 18
    1969 John deere 140 "One eyed Larry", powered by K241, H2 hydraulics
    1963 Burns B-60, Serial 1328

Display Name: MrTaz

Thanks
    I'll try GPS next time. The reviews on GD's eBay store is enough to make me want to try someone else. I wouldn't use any other business on eBay that had those kind of negative reviews...

6. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Display Name: M. Drew
    Thanks
    I get my online parts from greenfarmparts.com They've been very good to me. They are a sponsor of our sister site Green Tractor Talk, https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...farm-parts.66/
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to drew For This Useful Post:

dieselshadow (03-04-2020)

Display Name: faithie999

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I get my online parts from greenfarmparts.com They've been very good to me. They are a sponsor of our sister site Green Tractor Talk, https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...farm-parts.66/
    greenfarmparts.com is the online store of Reynolds Farm Equipment, the major JD dealer in central Indiana. they have been around for a thousand years. I use them exclusively.

ken