210 vs mud season

Thread: 210 vs mud season

Display Name: Mike Grant

Thanks

210 vs mud season

Spring fever prompted me to ignore the last two days of wet weather and do some post winter brush cleanup with the 210. Although the ground was soggy the 210 seemed to be ok hauling the trailer. That was, however, until I caught a small, low root cluster with the deck. This hung things up and when I started spinning the tires, that was that. Tempting disaster, I brought out the Kubota to pull it out. My fear was that if that starts to sink, I’ll be in even bigger trouble.

Fortunately, the B7200 pulled it out without tire spin. Needless to say, I’ll wait for drier ground conditions to do any more. After that adventure it was time for a bath. Did three today, and will get out the 110, 314, and Ariens YT tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: Sublime68charger
    Thanks
    HA, you looking for china? it not that way LOL!

though if you sink one and go to get a bigger one to pull it out you can usually make out okay, Kubota looks about 4x the weight of the 210 it should walk that out no problem. that is provide you dont spin over a tire on it and start it on its way down.

the ag tires dig down fast in the mud as well.

glad you was able to get it out with out any more problems.

Thanks
    It pulled it out and while the Kubota is setting on reasonably firm ground in the pic, I did a few “butt clenches” getting it to that spot. In a couple of spots I watched the tires start to sink a bit. Fortunately it all worked out.
    The problem with the 210 was that I got a small root cluster under the deck. Couldn’t get over it in either direction.
    Every time I think about selling the Kubota (have put 20 hours on it in two years) it reminds me of why I need to keep it. This was another one of those times.

5. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    could not raise the deck then engage the deck and lower to grind up the root cluster or would that have done damage to the deck?

pulling it out with the bigger tractor is probably the safer course of action.

I just like to ask if other thoughts where considered. its easy to guess off of pictures when you don't have all the facts and such.

just glad its out and not spending the night in a mud hole

Display Name: Leonard VanCamp

Thanks
    Lesson I learned from running heavy equipment, walk your course first! I had a 40 ton Komatsu articulated dump truck buried to all three axles once, luckily with the diff lock I was able to wiggle and walk out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sublime68charger View Post
    could not raise the deck then engage the deck and lower to grind up the root cluster or would that have done damage to the deck?

pulling it out with the bigger tractor is probably the safer course of action.

I just like to ask if other thoughts where considered. its easy to guess off of pictures when you don't have all the facts and such.

just glad its out and not spending the night in a mud hole
    The brush root was about even with the pine stick pieces and needles. However the rain we had received over the last two days had really softened the soil underneath. It appeared I’d be able to clear it without issue, but such wasn’t the case. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have waited until the ground dried more. But I wanted to get out and remove old pine branches and rip out as many as those miserable climbing vines as possible. A futile chore, but I still try to do it regularly. Earlier in the week I had gone through the area under the pine trees with a 4’ brush cutter which is the main reason for all the debris. It was covered with all the typical vegetation that grows under pines.
    Last edited by MGrant; 04-05-2020 at 04:44 AM.

Thanks
    Ah climbing vines are a pain! They don't even stack in a brush pile good!
    Lovd then as a kid cut it off and instant swing rope with a you never know when it might break factored in!
    now I take satisfaction when I've rid a tree of one and it's nothing but ash!

Display Name: tmac

Thanks
    I have a cheap HF winch on front of 430 for just such escapes...it is the rescue rig around here. $64 with a coupon, makes a dandy engine lift too.