Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Patio paint talk

5K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Grant Baker 
#1 ·
So what's the best option. I've researched on line. I've found the dupont color codes. Can you still even get that dupont Centari paint? Like to hear from who has been through the repainting of a patio and what they used. My son works for sherwin Williams and can take sample off tractor and match is that just as good option as any? Thanks for any insight. I'll be painting the April yellow and dogwood white.

#7 ·
Hey I'm not having just a ton of luck with my painting. Hi can probly have the local auto body paint store come up with something but it is super expensive. Has anyone tried something more readily available like is the Cub cadet yellow a close match? What about a rustoleum white? Just looking for some more ideas here.

#10 ·
Unless it is right next to an original in perfect condition will anyone know, or care? Will you? There are variations in the paint shades from the factory. I have & square fenders and I think about 4 different shades of green.

Our local auto body supply could easily use a scan gun and match up the paint in any of the brands they carry. Might try finding one close to you.

But then again, all mine are green and workers, not show tractors.

#11 ·
Many valid points I agree with. I did just that, auto body supply told me $350 for supplies to paint it. To me that's alot, maybe it isn't. If someone told me valspar, rustoleum, e.t.c. that was real close in color from rural king, tsc, menards, I would be tempted to do that. It's a battle of doing it one way versus cost.

#12 ·
I know the Valspar tractor implement paint in JD yellow was right on, but I can't find it anymore. The local TSC now sells Majic and I don't care for that. Not sure if Valspar has a white color to match.

#14 · (Edited)
That's the one. I used rattle cans though when TSC carried them. Here's a picture of my 37A snowblower after I did refurbish back in '13. I remember hearing that the JD Yellow was used for the Patio Yellow, but not sure where, when or by whom.
Close up inside garage:
Product Machine Gas Cylinder Metal

Couple out in the daylight:
Land vehicle Vehicle Asphalt Motor vehicle Tractor
Vehicle Asphalt Construction equipment Compactor Soil

I should say I think it matches well to the Patio yellow. The one or two I have seen restored look like a match to the JD yellow. The paint codes & color names are different from typical JD Yellow as noted in the Model section for Custom Color GTs of this forum.:

Below is the list of the Dupont Centari paint codes and a listing of custom color type numbers.
Starmist White59373
Lemans Blue Metallic 5030
Sunset Orange60659
Fleet Red 2622
Fleet Yellow23820

#20 · (Edited)
I was looking to see what is out there and found this Matt.
Paintscratch.com out of Nevada.
https://www.paintscratch.com/company/about.html
They supposedly can make up paint to match the Dupont Centari Starmist White #59373. They call it Fleet White but has same paint code number. It's not cheap. $160/quart and $428/gallon.
It is supposedly a single stage paint as they did not use clear coat prior to 1980 or so.
https://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/order-form.cgi
You can also send them a sample to match exactly, but I would think any sample you have would be faded, stained, etc. and not get perfect match.

I could not find anything for the Fleet Yellow #23820

#25 ·
:good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.