Need help!

Thread: Need help!

Display Name: Doofus

Thanks

Need help!

OK, so being over 70 plays havoc with a person's ability to think properly...I'll be the first to admit that. This is one of those times when thinking clearly has simply left me out in left field. I'm restoring a little 1969 JD 60 for our youngest grandson (he's 4 now). I took the blasted thing apart to clean and paint and to replace any broken or worn out parts. I thought when I was taking it apart that I'd remember exactly how things went back together. It's not the most difficult thing in the world...just a very simple tractor, except it has become the most difficult thing in the world to me! I just can't remember how everything "fits together" so I'm asking for some help. I'm including pics to let you know first hand what I'm up against. What I can't figure out is how the primary and secondary pulley assemblies (including a new idler pulley I had to order) fit together and I'm left with a part or two I do not know what to do with. I've included some pics and fellows, I really need some help here. I just can't figure it out. Anybody help an old man do something for his grandson??? I hope so. DoofusJD PROBLEM 1.JPGJD PROBLEM 2.JPGJD PROBLEM 3.JPGJD PROBLEM 6.JPGJD PROBLEM 4.JPGJD PROBLEM 8.JPGJD PROBLEM 10.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: Roger Henning

Thanks
    MY advice is for you to find a service manual or copy the way your 70 is put together. You might look at JD Parts to see if the pictures will help you. I did find a service manual for my 70 that I downloaded off the net. Looking at your photos all I can say is you have many items in the wrong place. Roger
    Last edited by woodpecker41; 05-22-2020 at 04:38 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to woodpecker41 For This Useful Post:

Doofus (05-23-2020)

Display Name: Jake M

Thanks
    I can't tell you a thing about a model 60 garden tractor, but when you're stuck on stuff of this nature, parts diagrams can be your friend. They won't answer "every" question, are very good at getting you an overview of how stuff goes together. Honestly, as good as it is to have a service manual, they're typically poor at the "overview" department.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/

Go down to where it says "Search by PIN/serial number or equipment (or something like that). Make sure it's set to "model". Type in "60", and scroll down. (Way down. It's forth from the bottom).

Click on 60 - Tractor, Lawn and Garden, PC1007. NOT the "other" 60 - Tractor, lawn and garden, that goes to a Z mower and won't help much......

Once you're in your tractor, you will need to know your serial number, so you can choose the right category for things that changed over the years.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jake M For This Useful Post:

Doofus (05-23-2020)

7. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: Doofus

Thanks
    Thanks to both responders. I did make use of the parts catalog blow-up but the secondary belt idler pulley/arm assy but the blow-up was unclear... I was able to figure it out, however, and everything seems to have fallen into place correctly. I'll continue to restore the little feller for our little feller. Thanks again. Regards...