Last weekend we had granddaughters overnight. This weekend we had their little brother. Always enjoyable when grand kids are here.
When we took Archer home Saturday afternoon I picked up Poulan PR625 self propelled mower given to me in trade for Toro mower.
Had time this week during rain storms to do some work on it.
- Air cleaner was filthy. Probably reason why fuel was being blown past primer bulb.
- Ordered tuneup kit; spark plug, air filter, primer bulb, attaching ring, carbureator, gasket, and o-ring. $22, will let you know quality of carb for this price.
- Removed rear wheels and greased bushings/axle shafts so it rolles easier.
- Was told belt slipped and drive not working.
- inside of front wheels has plastic gearing
- each side has drive gear transmission shaft
- The transmission rotates so when operator squeezes transmission lever the drive gear engages the gearing in the wheel.
- Gearing in both wheels are gone. Drive gears are worn.
- Replacing wheel and gear on each side; $30 per side.
Will include photos when I have parts and project is completed.
FYI ... Poulan is an American manufactured product. Engine is Briggs & Stratton (model 122T05). Hadn't been run in 2-3 years. Fired on first pull. Started on second with fresh gas. Need to figure out how to elevate handle, too low for me to operate.