Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's It Worth Pros & Cons Discussion

Display Name: KnottyRope
    Thanks

What's It Worth Pros & Cons Discussion

no whats it worth posts allowed

you can use ebay and craigslist to get a feeling of what they go for

430 is the biggest diesel LGT of that era and is the top model IMO

I own a 430 and a 420. I would keep the 430 over the 420 any day.

332 would be my second choice

2. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: Ron Haass

Thanks
    I thought "What is it worth" is allowed here.

Display Name: Mike Shums

Thanks
    Sorry if that is not allowed. Might I ask why? You guys are the experts on these and thought you might help me get on board.

I have a good feel for the 318s as they come up a lot on CL, and sometimes a 430 but the solid-door steel cozy cab and the 60" deck seem to be harder to get a feel for value.
    Last edited by mikeshums; 03-11-2015 at 11:18 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I know it was not allowed on the old site, but now that it is an issue and I can not find anywhere it says you can't, maybe we can get a ruling on it from the moderators.

Administrator
    Display Name: Terry Reed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 588 Posts
    Good questions on the "What's it worth" posts. On the old site, it was totally prohibited, on all sections. Right now with the new site, it looks like we only applied it to the Classified section. And I'm okay with that. I would like to look into some of the old rules and guidelines, and we may be having a poll to see what the membership here refers. Myself, the owners, and the moderators have to discuss this out into detail, but I would like this to be decided more democratically and we're thinking about the poll(s). Right now we're leave this thread alone since technically it doesn't violate the rules since we only included these type rules into the classified section.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T-Mo For This Useful Post:

captaindan (03-12-2015),drew (03-11-2015),gene_cunningham (03-11-2015),jimbomsg (03-24-2015),KB (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks Terry for joining in and I'm good with whatever WFM decides. I think the confusion comes from GTT's rules which I understand allows this. I thought when we switched over, we were going by their rules.

Display Name: Rydplrs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 825 Posts
    Personally I am against WIW adds. I look forward to the survey. It's on of many reasons I do not like MTF. Pricing is much to nuanced to be captured in a forum. they also make the market much harder to deal with both as a buyer and a seller. they also lead to Items either being sniped by lurkers who do not post, or generate other interest.

as an example, there was a rf posted locally, it was over priced IMO, but I was in contact with the seller, and having productive negotiations. It got posted on MTF as a WIW thread, and the seller got bombarded with interest, and I'm sure he saw the thread, or atleast the highest numbers on it, and stopped negotiating at all, directly quoted the MTF thread, and raised the price he was willing to discuss. I broke off discussions, but it still took a couple months to sell, or the seller to give up, i'm not sure which. The seller thought every 65 was worth top dollar, even though his was far from original and missing key add-ons that made the other one shown worth a lot more then his was, someone said a 65 110 is worth $xxxx, and that was taken to mean all 65's were worth that, no matter the condition, or attachments.

There are to many parts on these tractors, that are in varied states of wear to be able to say any model is worth $xxxx, a 430 could be worth next to nothing if the entire thing is tired and sloppy, even if it has low hours, and without inspecting every part, and finding how much it costs to get them repaired you cannot determine what its worthh. That is without respect to region, season, or the type of marketing the seller is doing, and all the other variables that go into it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KB For This Useful Post:

knottyrope (03-11-2015)

Display Name: KnottyRope
    Thanks
    problem with whats it worth posts is that everyone will have an opinion from their area which will not be correct for everyone. then you will have opinions on whats best then flaming begins.

maybe an area for this purpose would be good but not in the repair sections.

Display Name: Mike Shums

Thanks
    Wow, I hope I didn't uncork one here. Certainly not my intent as a new member and I respect all opinions. I too have been "sniped" several times on other forums so I get that.

But I hope that we can stay on topic here and not make this a discussion about forum rules since the moderators have weighed in.

Administrator
    Display Name: Terry Reed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 588 Posts
    One thing we have to remember here, our members on WFM are far more knowledgeable than the guys on MTF, who over half of them couldn't tell you what engine a '65 110 had in it originally. MTF tries to be a Walmart of the tractor world, yeah they may have those categories but not too many working there know their own department. It's like going to Lowes and asking a plumbing related question to some high school kid who couldn't tell an electric conduit from a PVC pipe (think 3 Stooges and the joining a water line with an electric conduit skit).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to T-Mo For This Useful Post:

jimbomsg (03-24-2015)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast