Lets see every ones tractor hauler! - Page 46
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Lets see every ones tractor hauler!

Display Name: Chuck Van Dusen
    Thanks
    Terry,

Nice truck -- at 21 years old it still looks pretty good for that part of the country. You did not mention mileage, and was it a one owner truck? I've never had a V10 engine in anything...how does it run?

My 1997 Chevy Z71 Silverado is one I bought new and now has only 37,600 miles or so on it today. It too is an extended cab. Has the 5.7 Vortec engine to which I have added a chip (mostly to get different shift points for towing) and I upgraded the rear axle to disc brakes from the original drums. I also changed the axle ratios both front and rear from the stock 3:73 to 4:10, again for towing my camp trailer when hunting on unimproved forest roads. I may never have another truck as this one drives and looks like new...the pictures below are not recent, but it still looks the same. I replace the tires every 7 or 8 years, never have worn a set out.

light snow, elk cart still on top of truck.jpg

Walt's truck & trailer next to mine.jpg

Chuck

2. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Display Name: JDApprentice

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckv View Post
    Terry,

Nice truck -- at 21 years old it still looks pretty good for that part of the country. You did not mention mileage, and was it a one owner truck? I've never had a V10 engine in anything...how does it run?

My 1997 Chevy Z71 Silverado is one I bought new and now has only 37,600 miles or so on it today. It too is an extended cab. Has the 5.7 Vortec engine to which I have added a chip (mostly to get different shift points for towing) and I upgraded the rear axle to disc brakes from the original drums. I also changed the axle ratios both front and rear from the stock 3:73 to 4:10, again for towing my camp trailer when hunting on unimproved forest roads. I may never have another truck as this one drives and looks like new...the pictures below are not recent, but it still looks the same. I replace the tires every 7 or 8 years, never have worn a set out.

light snow, elk cart still on top of truck.jpg

Walt's truck & trailer next to mine.jpg

Chuck
    Good lord!

My 95 was a 4x owner. Ran it to 230k. Sold it and they junked it last year due to cracked Swiss cheese frame. Those old chevys were so simple good looking and cheap to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Administrator
    Display Name: Terry Reed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,088 Times in 609 Posts
    Chuck,
    It has 140K on it, and it looks like it was used to pull either a RV or a horse trailer - there is makings of a 5th wheel in the bed, and in addition to the 7 pin connector at the bumper, it also has one in the bed, plus what looks to be a 110V electrical outlet. Other than a worn front seat (leather) it's in a great shape. The V10 is from Ford's module engine line, that includes the 4.6 and 5.4 V8s. From what I understand when Ford wanted to have a bigger engine for their super duty trucks, they wanted to use the module engine block, but there wasn't enough room to increase the bore and stroke. So, they just added two more cylinders to a 5.4.

The truck runs great and plenty of power for what I need. Since this truck is only going to be used to pull my 18 foot trailer, it won't see a lot of duty - my '04 Dodge Ram is my daily driver.
    1965 110, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2002 717Z, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546