What Did You Do To Your Tractor Today? - Page 426
Page 426 of 429 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 4288

Thread: What Did You Do To Your Tractor Today?

Display Name: tmac

Thanks
    Got the 38-inch, 2-blade deck on the 322 this morning...new 108" belt fits on just right, tightens snugly. Put a different spring on the deck belt tension pulley, fired it up and went mowing. Woohoo! Gonna have to make one more adjustment to the deck lift arms, to make them identical to the ones on my 38-inch, 2-blade deck on my 212. Basically,simple extension plate on the rear of both deck lift arms...to put the rear of each arm about 2 inches higher than the deck attachment point. Right now it mows great but the belt is barely rubbing on the front top edge of the deck because of this difference in lift arm geometry. After it cools down, I'll pull the deck back off, remove the lift arms and trot down to the welder shop down the road.
    Gotta make top lift arm seen below look like the second one where it anchors to the rear of the deck:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tmac58star; 06-26-2020 at 01:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    WFMachines.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    More good progress on the 322...drove it out of the shop with deck on, lowered the deck, shut it down and removed the belt. Then I adjusted the mule drive draft plate yoke arms...lengthened both by about 1 inch, so the yokes will clip to the deck without having to lift the front of the deck up. Put the belt back on, checked the deck travel up and down...all good, and noticed the belt no longer slightly rubs the front edge of the deck with deck up or down. Tightened/tensioned the belt by feel as there is no front plate or tension rod indicator on this mule drive. Belt is nice and tight with about 1/2 inch deflection at mid point of belt between mule drive pulleys and rear deck drive pulley. Ran it out in the yard and mowed a little with it. With the mule drive adjustment I may not have to alter the deck lift arms after all. Checking the mowing height of the blades, I discovered that I need to adjust/level the deck side to side and front to rear, and noticed the belt seemed a little sloppy after mowing for a bit. I may try a 106" belt just for grins, after I get it in the garage where I can level the deck and set the blade height/down stop on the level concrete garage floor. More later...

Thanks
    Found a 107" belt to try on the 322, no 106" belts in stock...I'll give that a try tomorrow morning when I'm fiddling with the deck height and level.

Display Name: Jerry
    Thanks
    Put my rebuilt 49 snowblower back together (for the most part). Fired up the 316 to give it a test. Everything works well but it is just as loud as it was before! These things sure are NOT quiet! Oh well, as long as it moves snow I dont mind. I wear ear protection when I'm on the tractor anyway.

I also buffed and waxed my new 425, removed and cleaned the deck and bypassed the stupid reverse safety switch. Dont tell anyone!

Display Name: Randy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The dutchman View Post
    Put my rebuilt 49 snowblower back together (for the most part). Fired up the 316 to give it a test. Everything works well but it is just as loud as it was before! These things sure are NOT quiet! Oh well, as long as it moves snow I dont mind. I wear ear protection when I'm on the tractor anyway.

I also buffed and waxed my new 425, removed and cleaned the deck and bypassed the stupid reverse safety switch. Dont tell anyone!
    Yea for bucking the system!

Display Name: Skwirl
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy-IA View Post
    Yea for bucking the system!
    I'm in with you Randy.
    The one I hate the most is, " caution hot ".
    Makes me wonder, just how dumb people are.
    85 JD 212 - 46 in deck
    77 JD 212 - 38 in deck - 43 blade - 37a thrower
    88 JD 318 - 54 in quick hitch 4 way hyd blade - Ruegg cat 0 3pt hitch - rear blade.
    Ruegg front weight bracket - Aux hyd positive lockout
    72 JD 140 H3 - 48 in deck.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tmac58star View Post
    Found a 107" belt to try on the 322, no 106" belts in stock...I'll give that a try tomorrow morning when I'm fiddling with the deck height and level.
    I've proven I'm no expert with belts, however I was advised that tight has limits on these. Too tight especially. I have my 90.xx" belt looser than I (and it) felt like it should be...even in seriously tall grass and heavy thick stemmed weeds it drags the engine down before it slips. That's likely due to new pulleys all through it however. I couldn't cut 6" tall grass at four inches high with my my old pulleys and a new belt tightened down with the indicator at the very top of it's travel (with the deck raised). The belt would slip.

Just a thought. You should have the remnants of the mule pointer on the side somewhere. A welded nub at least. Many folks here suggested an adjustment at the near middle point or slightly lower of the mule drive shield. That's where mine is set. The belt feels loose, but it works and doesn't slip. AND I've got more than five cutting hours on a belt now! That's exciting! And cheaper than a $25 belt after every mowing. YMMV
    Last edited by Randy-IA; 06-27-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Display Name: Mike Grant

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skwirl View Post
    I'm in with you Randy.
    The one I hate the most is, " caution hot ".
    Makes me wonder, just how dumb people are.
    A good lawyer can make dumb people very wealthy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    You've seen the meme... You can't fix stupid? Common sense has been lost because of the nanny conditions that have evolved since the 70's. The one I hate most (which has been the brewing kettle for this fact) is: A happy wife is a happy life. Nowadays more men think like women than they think like men because of that. I'm not advocating caveman mentality, just a bit more authoritarianism from men. Not a lot, just more than we've been reduced to. We do have the right to say enough is enough. I'll do it any way I want to do it.

However, this is more a political discussion which likely is way off topic here.

Display Name: Skwirl
    Thanks
    The nanny condition defeats the natural education that " should " occur.
    85 JD 212 - 46 in deck
    77 JD 212 - 38 in deck - 43 blade - 37a thrower
    88 JD 318 - 54 in quick hitch 4 way hyd blade - Ruegg cat 0 3pt hitch - rear blade.
    Ruegg front weight bracket - Aux hyd positive lockout
    72 JD 140 H3 - 48 in deck.

Page 426 of 429 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428 ... LastLast