Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any issues with internal engine parts on a JD 445? Such as a rod knock or maybe a piston noise. Mowed this evening with everything running fine. After mowing most of the yard began hearing an occasional deep knocking noise. One time under load on engine, it acted like a backfire. That only happened once. Could this be an ignition problem? All fluids and temps are okay. Thank you.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Haven't heard of anything along these lines particular to a 445.

Some more obvious and simpler things that come to mind before you dive deep:

1) bad gas? can cause pre-ignition knocking.
2) spark plugs gap and ceramic inside and out ok, i.e. not cracked.

Just some quick thoughts...

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Those are 4 models I've never owned.it is neat to see the full spectrum, base models, then the 300 400, king of the yard models.

I have had one of those series. 70, 112sf, 210,212,216, 140h1,h3, 314,316k,317, 420. The current herd is 100 series and the 420.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i thank you for the offer scott but as long as i own them they will never be apart. i paid $100 for the 100, $100 for the 200 (and i know how rare 200s are), $500 for the 300, and $650 for the 400 plus $700 for the deck and $300 for the 3pt. they all run and will be restored to match each other perfectly.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Al,

That would make for one heck of a display at any tractor show.

That is to say you restore them properly. It is so sad to see that 80/90% of the "restored" lawn tractors I view each year at any number of county fairs look worse than the tractors I buy unrestored.

Most appear to have been painted with a broom.

A matching implement is another item that really gets attention when paired with it's proper tractor. Not so much so a mower deck as they are quite common, but rather a PTO attachment, a tiller or a front or mid-mount blade. How about a sprayer or snow thrower!!??

Know what I'm saying....?? A snow blower with a set of Deere wheel weights, rear tire chains. That would look really cool!!

I can help you spend your money.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I don't have the 100/200/300/400 thing but I do have the following Deere combo: RF110, SF110, 120, 212, 312

·
Registered
25 Posts
Travis,
that is very cool as would be any line up/combo of tractors that seem to have some rhythm. I am also trying to put together the patio 140s but only have the red and orange.

Scott,
having matching attachments such as blades for all four would be interesting looking. And I know you could easily spend my money as its always easier to spend someone elses money. I recently i just bought a Soil Mover Mini Scraper for just over $1000 at auction so no money right now. i would have a picture but am not able right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.