Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Dick Hankwerk is at it again, or should I said still! Here are a few pictures of his latest projects including a 2 bottom plow and his High Crop 100. I'll let him tell you all the technical talk. You can see a before picture of his 100 under the heading "Extreme Model 70 Makeover".
Craig

Just a little machining involved here.

The back end will be another 3" higher when the wheels are mounted.

This will be mounted behind his 140 H3.

This little beauty followed us home from a show in Bowers, Pa. this past weekend. It came complete with and ice cream machine. YUMMY!

Spoke wheels for yet another project. The front ones Dick made, the rear ones are from a JD combine from the 30's.

His "slightly" modified 210.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Way too cool!

Will the plow be used or is it for show? Does he have plans to customize the 140?

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Those appear to be pretty small bottoms, maybe 6 or 8" each.

In some dry black or sandy soil, I bet it would do fine with bar tires and enough weight. 140's pull 12" single bottoms all the time at plow days.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Dick, I sure admire your work. Joe and I should have done less on the "B" and more on the 70. Sure could have done some cultivating the easy way with the 70 this year except for all the rain. There are cultivators with the "B", but hardly have enough garden to turn it around!
Please keep us updated with progress pictures.
If you don't mind my asking, did you use two arched pieces and weld to two straight bars to make the reduction gear boxes?
That thing is gonna be almost as cool as the crawler, but much easier I suspect.

tommyhawk

·
Banned
2 Posts
Thats cool!! Beautiful Job Dick! Just what size tires did you use for the rear tires? And how muck did you end up lifting it. I just can't get over the detail on this. Wish I had spare time like that.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Thanks for your comments. Front tires are 4.00x8 and rear tires are 7.00x14. Total lift is 12 inches, 7 1/2 inches in the rear drop boxes plus 4 1/2 inches with the larger rear tires. For more pictures of my ongoing projects go to Model 70 Extreme Makeover. Have a good day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.