Weekend Freedom Machines banner

100 PTO Engagement

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  jlewisa 
#1 ·
I was given a 100 and I have all the parts except the PTO engagement mechanism. It looks like there is some kind of bar that comes from the front that lifts the clutch with a rod from the lever on the side. Does anyone have pictures and dimensions? I have other mowers that want to give up their parts to make the 100 live. I was told that it had a new short block and I have the side panels, mower. I started at the front and am working my way back rust busting and painting. I think it is going to be my backup mower and grand kid driver. Thanks for any help

#9 ·
Bob thanks for the picture worth a thousand words, I'm missing 14-20. Looks like I have some help allready on parts. I know that I need all the PTO engagement parts. I need to look the deck over to know if I’m missing something, it looked complete but I have not tried to set it up. It turns hard and I have just not gotten that far. I started working on the engine which needed a new head. I had to make up a wiring harness, battery box that was missing. So at this point I got it started. Needs carb work will not run off choke.

#12 ·
I have a Model 70 that needs a rebuild of the PTO Clutch that runs the blades off the engine drive shaft. It's the PTO clutch band,...? Bob Deckers post of Nov. 19 2009 shows the assembly (part # 2), i'm new to this forum and can't quite get the cut paste thing working for me...
At any rate does anyone have and idea if I can get the materials and instructions on how to reline this clutch - it'd be greatly appreciated, grass is still growing...

#13 ·
Steve: I believe it was Bob who pointed out that his JD 100 had been operating fine without any of the friction material remaining is his PTO cup. I just went thru that and found that JD no longer stocks the cups for 100's. Well, I just reassembled all at the PTO works fine. The problem that I had was unrelated to the PTO cup. It was the PTO safety switch. I believe your 70 is similar in set up. Good luck with your 70. Those are nice tractors.
Regards, John Lewis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.