Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
JD 210, JD 318, 2 JD 214s, Allis-Chalmers WD45 diesel, Allis-Chalmers WD JI Case 220, JI Case 446
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi a’ll
I got this 10.43 hp single cylinder diesel and would like to find some info on it, from what I’ve found out about it it was off a generator...
The model is f1l208f.
I’ll try to get a picture of it later...

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
I think that series of engines is from the 1980's and operate at about 1800 RPM or so (the "D suffix engines were)... There are a couple of similar ones on the web:

Chuck

·
Registered
120 Posts
General technical description: Vertical single-cylinder 4-stroke diesel engine with direct injection and air cooling. Speed range 1500-3600 rpm, bore 80 mm, stroke 82 mm, displacement 0.412 l power range 2.2 kW (3 hp) to 6 kW (8 hp)

The motor was taken over by MAG as a finished construction and was intended to round off the program at the bottom. Especially at the beginning there were many problems, so that he was rather unpopular on the market. It was difficult to assert itself against its competitors' products. Radial fan in the flywheel with cooling air intake next to the crankcase.

From Wikipedia

·
Registered
JD 210, JD 318, 2 JD 214s, Allis-Chalmers WD45 diesel, Allis-Chalmers WD JI Case 220, JI Case 446
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I talked to the previous owner and he said it’s a new engine that never got ran until now...
He also thought it was from the military so it should be pretty tuff.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone ever put or seen a little engine like that with a turbo?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The simplest air–cooled engines are single-cylinder four-stroke engines, which are actively used for installation on various types of special equipment. These engines come in two types: gasoline or diesel and differ in the type of fuel consumed, as well as some design features. Single–cylinder diesels differ from gasoline engines in their price - they are more expensive, but at the same time they significantly save fuel, reducing production costs (by about 30%). So try to explore the market of offers from Siromer Small Farm Tractors | Tractor Flail Mowers - Gloucestershire - Oxfordshire - Worcestershire - Herefordshire - Warwickshire and The Cotswolds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts