Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new primary deck belt on my 110 sq fender and now it keeps throwing it after 15-20 seconds. any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
By primary belt you mean the engine to mower deck belt correct? Did you adjust tension as per manual? You should tighten all the way, then back off one or two full turns.
Also, did you get the right belt? There are several different sizes depending on tractor serial number & mower deck serial number.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is the belt that goes from the tractor too the mower deck, I got the same size as the old belt that worked but was frayed, I tightened it all the way and then Backed if off 1 1/2 full turns.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Did you buy the JD belt or an aftermarket belt?
If you got an aftermarket belt and went by the size of the old belt is it probably too long. The old belt was probably stretched quite a bit.
There are also two different length belts depending on what the deck serial number is.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is a after market belt it is 80 something inches long.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay Thanks how do I know what deck I have?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Take a look at this PDF of parts. Depending on tractor SN & deck SN it will tell you part number. You didn't say if you had 38 or 47 deck but both are listed there. Sounds like you have 38 deck as they are about 80" long.
View attachment 39-parts.pdf

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okayI'll get them before I call.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Beware of "After Market" belts. I thought I'd try one one evening after the dealer was closed and I wanted to finish up mowing that night. I made about 125-150' of grass, (not very heavy) before the new belt completely shredded into nothing but a bunch of useless strings. Original belt the next day lasted the remainder of the mower's life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts