Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every time I've found that someone shared the page from the manual I can get it large and clear to read how to go about it all, when i'm on the flat or anywhere for that matter, push the variator all the way forward and it speeds up to a point. then I pull the lever back to see where it starts to slow the tractor down and thats at the 3rd notch from the rear. what should be my way or going about things?
thanks in advance!
Bryce

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
try the adjustment;
engine running, loosen the adjustment cap screw. Set the variator into notch 5 (7 is furthest forward) Be 100 sure the clutch pedal is all the way up as far as it possibly will move. If it is hanging up, the variator will not function with new belts.

Push down on the adjusting cap screw as far as it will go with the socket attached to the head of that bolt and tighten it.

You can do this while driving the tractor, though I have never tried that. Maybe I will just for fun.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
awsome-ly.
1st gear.
about half throttle or so......
(The welch plug was previously removed)
variator in notch 5
3/4 inch by 3/8" drive deep well socket and ratchet.
loosen said cap screw (aka "the bolt" ),,,,shove it down and tighten.

the real challenge is doing this in third gear whilst cutting lawn.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
if you spray some (a little bit mind you) lube on the center hub, see if she works. This indicates a worn and binding hub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts