Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the secondhand parts availability on the round fender 112s? I see 110s most everywhere but rarely see the 112s and am curious if this drives up prices significantly due to scarcity. I have over an acre to mow so would prefer the 46” deck over the 38”, but OTOH if the 112s are expensive orphans then I’ll have to rethink buying one.

Back story: Among other projects, I restored a series of Cub Cadets years ago for my own use. I’d buy one in fall, restore it in winter, mow a year or two, get offered too much money, sell, find another cheap and the process would start all over again. I don’t know much about the lil Deeres (worked on and restored many big Deeres tho), but always thought the round fenders were the best looking of any garden tractor so am now looking for one to mow with and keep (tho the wife has her doubts).

Any thoughts or opinions and candor is always appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Parts availability is identical other than the engine as they’re the same machines.
112’s are scarce as they were higher HP and more expensive than the 110’s but otherwise the same.
Like how many of the big Deere’s are the same but different HP.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That’s and I’ve heard of numerous stories of Tecumsehs not being the best engines...

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Kohler K181s are awesome. Tecumseh HH100s are awesome as well, once you figure out their nuances. Although you’ll probably want to keep an eye out for a spare engine or two if you plan to use the tractor regularly.

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas. I do enjoy restoring and painting tractors but everything I own gets used and this will be my only mower (knock on wood) so used weekly. I typically go through them completely tho, reaming and bushing any sloppy joints to tighten things up. The reason I sold my last Cub was actually bc a neighbor had passed and his daughter gave me his minty new’ish tin Toro rider. 400’ish hours and a decade later Tin Toro is a nonrebuildable smoke machine and I’m ready for something that might last longer than my next bathroom break - lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts