Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this machine for almost 15 years and it has served me well but now it seems to loose spark and just stop or if I shut it off after warm it will not fire back up till it cools for an hour or so And also the engine cooling is not clogged up...Any ideas Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you're going to have to do some troubleshooting unless you just want to throw parts at it. I don't have a tech manual for those so I'm not going to be a big help to you but if you can get a troubleshooting chart and go through it once you replicate the issue you can narrow it down. In my experience it is most likely the coil that is breaking down with heat but that is only an educated guess. It could be any of the ignition components having a heat related issue. I'm sure that someone will be along shorty that can offer more help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
The 116 that I am familiar with has a Briggs engine. Is there more numbers with this like LA116 or D116 or ??. Guessing I would say you have a bad ignitor but not all Kawasak'is used them. Pictures would help if you do not have the complete model number. Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts