Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to look at a 140 tonite, when I got there, the tractor ran well but had the kohler 301 AS motor, I am pretty sure this is a 12 HP.
The tractor only had one lift lever, only one pedal on the left side of the tractor, and disk brakes, has a T handle under the seat, any pointers on what model this is for sure?? any input appreciated.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Everyone.

Mike.
The 1st year they made the 140 in 1968 they were 12 hp. They also only had a pedal on the left side. It is a h-1 if it only has 1 hydraulic lever. If it is a 1968 you would have to lift the hood up to get to the oil dipstick also.
Did you check for the serial # ?? Some of the 1968s are on the side by the hydrostat lever, and some are under the steering wheel. I do not know a lot about the 120s, They only had one lever also. Checking the serial number would be your best bet as to what your looking at.
Hope this helps.
Tom B.

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info Tom, I should have gotten the # off the dash, they are below the steering column, it was so cold, just didnt take the time to get the numbers, any good or bad points on this tractor if it is a early 140?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hi Mike. The disk brakes and single pedal give it away as a 1968 140. Although 120's only had one lift lever and the 12hp engine, all of them had the newer style hydro & transaxle that had drum brakes. In the case of the 120, it only had one brake that was in the right rear wheel.

Kent

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi guys, JD dealer wants big $$ for the three brackets that secure the double bagger unit to my 325 tractor. Would like to fabricate my own but need specs to make template. if any one has pictures of and/or measurements for the double bagger unit brackets, or someone has their own design, I'd love to hear from you. The specific parts are M142403 and M133628BLE. I found the #'s in JD Parts/section 2924/mower decks and material collection sys for 325/60-1-1F1/two bag powerflow../mounting brackets and hardware. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.