Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was surprised to find the axle dip stick tube bracket cracked and the dip stick just rattling in the axle hole. Should there be a grommet in there? How does it attach and keep dirt out. Can't use it 'till I get that fixed and oil and filter changed now.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just now checked your 06/08/09 post. This dip stick tube is not threaded, but does have a bulbed area about 3/8" from the end. I suspect it should have an 'O' ring there, but wanted to make sure. Am wondering why that disappeared and that the welded tube bracket is cracked in two. Will weld up that bracket and get an 'O' ring on there today. Again, thanks for the help, Eric.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welded that bracket back together and placed an 'O' ring on either side of the bulb of the tube. Used some sealer for the top 'O' ring to further prevent any intrusion of unwanted material. As it is, the oil was extremely milky. Drained that and installed new filter today. Will get proper oil for it tomorrow. Am most lucky to have seen that bracket.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently acquired a ~20yr old 335gx(?) with the 30" belt-driven tiller. The tiller's serial no. is M03264 x 195405

The tiller tines are worn away to the point where they're more like vertical blades - very little horizontal cutter left. Where can I buy replacement tines? Is there anything special about the Deere replacements (for which I can't find a part no.), or will any old tiller tine from Fleet Farm do the trick?

Advice on part model no would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Nathan,

Welcome to the WFM forums! Lots of good information here from folks willing to share their interest in these fine little machines.

The 30 mechanical tiller to fit the 335 is found in the Parts catalog #2203 on the JDParts.com site. The tines were part number M87088 for the RH, and 87089 for the LH one and there are 8 of each used. Deere still has these in production, but now they carry part numbers of M150894 & M150895 respectively...and they list for $10.36 each -- some of the on-line vendors have them for a bit less. GreenFarmParts.com has them for $8.45 each for instance, with free shipping on orders totaling $75 or more.

I had a set of new but excess to me tines several months ago that I sold for even less -- timing is everything I guess...

Chuck

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Nathan if nothing else you know the Deere replacement tines will fit right and work well. No reason to expect they will not last as long or longer than the originals. I doubt you will find them at FF. Welcome to WFM. Roger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.