Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm nearly done with restoring my '73 H3 140 and running the new fuel line and wondering what is the best route around the coil, air filter, etc. The connection point on the carb is pointing up. Pics would be awesome.

Secondly, I have a couple pin hole leaks in my gas tank right where the bottom of the tank sits on the metal seat. I had tried "Sealall" sealant and put a rubber gasket on the bottom but didn't take. any good way to refurbish and save my tank? These things are damn expensive! What kind of patch can I put on it?

Thanks so much!

Spud

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
sand the spots of the tank really well to bare metal, then get some silver solder and use a blow torch to patch it up is one of the best ways to do it IMO

Just make sure you empty the tank and let it sit in the sun for a few hour to rid the gas prior

I did this on my 70s Sears HD tiller and worked out well. the silver solder also painted well too.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have experimented with the over/under carb line on my 120, both with and without a filter. I ended up over without a filter and don't have a pump.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
The basic concept of using a pump is to look at it and decide where you can conveniently mount a pump...somewhere between the tank and carb, usually...put it there and wire the pump to run when the engine is running...basically a low-amp, low-volume electric pump in most cases. On outboard motors that already have a crankcase tap/port for the old-style two-line remote fuel tanks, you can plumb a Mikuni snowmobile pump into the system that runs on pressure/suction, instead of using the more expensive manufacturer's pump, but that's another critter altogether.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.