Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my broken metal flex disk on the rear of the driveshaft. On removing the broken one I noticed that the keyway was worn on the hub toward the motor. I put a new half moon key in but noticed when bolting up the parts that the key sticks out of the hubs both on the front and the back hub. If I tighten up the allen screws on the hubs so that the key's are in where they should be I have about 1/4 inch extra space before the disk is tightend down resulting in the disk being flexed without the clutch being depressed. I know I can move the hubs on the shaft but then the key's are not inside the hubs enough. The forward one was worn sideways from being loose and will move off from where the set screw hits it but about 1/4 inch of the keyway is still good inside. I'm thinking about adding some baler 3/16 baler belt cut to the same size as the metal disk and bolting it on each side of the disk to get the right spacing. Any advice is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
according to my serial number it should be an early 1969 H-3 T0586 tractor ID code. Loader in pic is home made and the 3 point hitch is also home made. Box blade on back is from a Cub Cadet. Go to You Tube wiboater 4 username to see Snowcab and blower etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts