Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone do me a huge favor? If someone has recently replaced their front hydraulic couplers on their 140 would it be possible for you to please confirm the Pioneer Part Number on the female coupler for me? The part number stamped on the coupler should read "Pioneer 4050-2P". Is that correct? Thank you.

Kenneth

·
Registered
196 Posts
Kenneth: That is correct. The Pioneer couplers are actually Parker QD fittings. Parker bought Pioneer back in the 60's. You can get them at any Parker Store. The company I work for has them for $10.30 each. The male half is Pioneer/Parker #4010-2P. You might want to note that the current Pioneer fittings will stick out from the front of the tractor about 1/8" more than the originals. The distance from the snap ring groove to the threaded port is the same, however,

By the way, the original QD's in the 140 are the ball check version. The &##34;P" versions are a poppet style valve, they are called a more "leak tight" style by Parker.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ATG,

Thank you very much for responding to my coupler post. Just as I thought regarding the Pioneer Part Numbers. The reason I posted the question to WFM is I found (at a Farm and Ranch outlet in Fort Collins Colorado) the couplers I thought would be the OEM replacements and needed someone to confirm Pioneer Part Numbers. Thank you again

Kenneth

·
Registered
46 Posts
Probably is a weep hole. I had the same issue on a 345. Impossible to see the weep hole even with the engine off the tractor. I had white staining on the frame under the water pump. Presumably from dehydrated antifreeze. A new pump fixed the problem. They are a known issue on the water cooled Kawasaki engines. They need to be replaced once in a while.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whoops! Yanmar powered. Got confused on my models. I replaced the pump in my 330 once and it had a weep hole on the bottom just like an automotive pump. It is possible for the radiator to be leaking at the tanks, too. Clean it up good and watch for where dust accumulates. I bet you find your culprit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.