Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, First time poster with an opportunity at a '68 140 H3, serial is something like 02036. Browsing pics of the 140 I notice some have dual brake pedals. When did they do this? Was it an option? When did they put the notch in the frame for the points? The serial seems too low for this update.) where was the serial tag located? ( more places than under the steering wheel? ) Does it remove a bunch of value if the coil and rectifier have been relocated by drilling holes in the tins?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Some one will be along that knows more about the changes through the model years. Meanwhile, click on the "Model Info" tab at the top of the page, then pick the drop down arrow where it says "Tractor" , and select 140. It answers several of your questions.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some one will be along that knows more about the changes through the model years. Meanwhile, click on the "Model Info" tab at the top of the page, then pick the drop down arrow where it says "Tractor" , and select 140. It answers several of your questions.

tommyhawk

Thanks for the reply.
I did find that page after posting, but, I am looking to purchase as a flip...unless I get attached. It needs engine work, but if the unit is too bastardized, it wont pay.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
All 140s had the dual brakes, except all 1968 models, and 1972 H1 models. Early 1968 140s (maybe 1/3 of the year) had the serial number tag on the side of the pedestal. These are known as side tag tractors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All 140s had the dual brakes, except all 1968 models, and 1972 H1 models. Early 1968 140s (maybe 1/3 of the year) had the serial number tag on the side of the pedestal. These are known as side tag tractors.

Thanks. That was most of the info I needed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just curious, how much did you pay? What goodies (accessories) came with it?
I just bought a 1973 140 H3.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the response. It has what appears to be the stock kohler. Has a rod knock, lift cylinder bleed issue, a loose front tilt pin, and some miscellaneous leaks. Deck only. 350$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts