Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While operating my 140 (59005)and 54 blade, the middle hyd lever (up and down) quit working. The lever moves (to far)up or down, but nothing happens. The other levers work OK! What have I done to the middle lever, how do I fix it?

Thank YOU

·
Banned
400 Posts
Michael,
I would bet that something broke on the end inside where it connects to the link to the valve body (can't remember tech term for that piece). I broke one removing a pin and fixed it up by brazing it. Take a look in there and let us know what you did.
Richard

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just recently had one of those pins fall out, fairly easy fix. And if I was a betting man, I would bet that's where your problem is, it sure sounds like you lever is no longer hooked up to your control valve.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here's a picture:
The pin that we are talking about is circled. Chances are one of those pins on the linkage (#14) fell out on one end or the other. You should be able to see it if you crawl under the tractor and look up on the left hand side.

·
Banned
400 Posts
That's the picture I was trying to post here but I am limited at work as to what I can do with the computer. I never thought of the pin falling out because all the pins I have seen have needed some persuasion, hence the broken piece I mentioned.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, my pin had fallen out because I had just replaced it not too long ago and didn't have the cotter pin in there very good. If they havn't been out in some time, then your probably right Richard with something being broke. Let us know Michael.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All, it is terrible to be getting "ole" and not noticing things, such as #14 in Shawn's post....... Now, an wondering if battery, b tray, and all other things in the way must come out to get a "LOOK" at the problem?

Thank YOU one and ALL for your support and ideas!

·
Registered
48 Posts
On that serial number tractor, I think your best bet to see it would be to go under. Since you don't have your mower deck on right now, it should be very easy to see from below because on 140's after 30,000 serial number, the control valve is located fairly low. On the 140's prior to that serial number, you would have to pull the battery tray.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like your key has sheared somehow. If you take the assy. apart, you will find a half moon key on the shaft of each lever. They are a bear to put together, but will go. Just be persistent. I just upgraded my H1 to an H3 this summer and had a heck of a time getting the keys in properly. Good luck!

Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently purchased a 7 BU power flow bagger for my 455 with 48 inch deck but am having trouble installing the hitch plate (deere no. AM117395). As explained by the PO, the new hitch plate installs over my existing hitch plate, but my 3-point angle brackets are in the way. Can I just install the new hitch plate over the angle brackets? Is there anyone else with this combination that can post a photo of how their hitch plate is installed? I'm thinking that best case I will have to drill a new hole and worst case I will need to make new angle brackets for the 3 point. Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Steve. It seems like I would have to trim the flange that bolts to the hitch plate. How did you bolt it down? The 3 point brackets use the same bolt holes. I was thinking of making some new angle brackets to bolt on top of the bagger plate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.