Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I needed a hitch point on the 140 to pull the 80 cart around and all 3 that I have are all wedged into the ground with the tractors standing up on them being stored virtically to save space. It would have taken longer and been a lot more difficult to fish one of those off of the tractor than it was to just fab one up real quick like. Its not perfect as I was in a hurry but I reckon it'll get the job done.

All 1/4" plate with 3/4" holes.

I painted it rustolium flat black and it is drying in the sun at the moment. Ok couple of pics and that will about rap it up. Quick easy down and dirty. Get R done!

Ok before y'all rag on my welding, in the last picture I tried going up hill on the far right triangle brace and it almost bit me in the but and bled out like molten lava. I got lucky and was able to save it. Hope y'all enjoy.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Only tractors with no engine go vertical, so only two of the four 140’s are vertical. The 73 h1 I am building this for and the last 140 H3 patio i purchased are on their feet.

Thanks for the compliment. I am no expery but i can get r done :)

·
Super Moderator
3,956 Posts
Only tractors with no engine go vertical, so only 2x 140 H3's are vertical. The 73 h1 I am building this for and the last 140 H3 patio i purchased are on their feet.

Thanks for the compliment. I am no expery but i can get r done :)
And that is the name of the game, isn't it. As far as your welding I put it in the very good category.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you dhager. Exactly, do what it takes with the least effort possible :)

·
Registered
1989 318
966 Posts
Looks solid to me. I know very little about welding, is that stick or MIG?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you Tom. I have no doubts, it will do as intended w/o any problems.

That was mig. INE Solid wire .35, 75/25 gas.

The machine I use makes it so easy. Tell it wire size and material thickness and it sets the voltage and wire speed for me so I can get to gluing metal together. Easy peasy

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Pic of it bolted up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts