Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does any one know anything about this? I read about this awhile back someone said that it is super charging the hydro or something like that but i can not find the info now please help.
Thanks
Chad

·
Banned
13 Posts
Chad,

I am no expert but have you checked the pressure adjustment valve? It's located under the seat and if it's adjusted to much the tractor will "seep" forward. It's normally a T-capped adjustment. May not be your issue but several have had problems with this.

JJ

·
Banned
1 Posts
Chad-
Can you give any more details of what you are doing when this happens? Does the tractor actually speed up? It would make more sense for the tractor to slow down, if any thing.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's been covered in depth before, do a search for this and I'm sure you find a full discussion. The charge pump supercharges the drive circuit. It is due to wear on the input shaft allowing high pressure 600+ psi oil into the suction side of the main pump causing higher than usual pressure/flow and an increase in speed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Everyone...Was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a 1985 JD 112L. It runs like a top. I bought it used off of CL. The problem is that when I hit the PTO switch to engage the blades, the engine dies. Does anyone know what would cause this? Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Dave.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Dave, it's probably one of the safety circuits. Not sure exactly what these are on a 112L, but check for a seat switch intended to close when a person is in the seat, and a brake switch intended to close when the brake is depressed.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.