Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New guy guy here and thanks very much for the "Welcome" notes from everyone. Still in desperate need of a wiring diagram for my 1969 140. It is a T0583 with a serial number of 15968 M. Any help would be very much appreciated!
Guitar1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello All,

Thanks for the "Welcome" notes from everyone......still in desperate need of a wiring diagram for a 1969 140. My type is a T 0583 and the serial number is: 15968 M.
any help on finding a wiring diagram would be most appreciated!
Thanks again,
Guitar1

·
Registered
711 Posts
Its a battery ignition system common to all k series kohler engines. On wfmfiles, theres a John Deere 140 service manual that should have what you are looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
711 Posts
Sorry if this doesn't help, were you asking about the ignition wiring?

·
Super Moderator
3,435 Posts
A 1969 140 comes stock (K321 engine) with a 10 amp charging circuit and uses a different rectifier.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well its still two AC lines going into the rectifier from the stator, and +12v DC 10 or 15 amps out. As far as the solid state ignition, haven't most converted over to the standard system? For some reason, I thought the OP wanted to know how the condenser and coil are wired up from a different post?

·
Super Moderator
3,435 Posts
On the 10 amp rectifier the plug is different from the 15 amp. The 10 amp is IIR 2 AC blades next to each other and the DC blade on top. The 15 is in line like pictured above.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Here is the conversion document http://www.wfmfiles.com/download/140_Ignition_Conversion(M46329).pdf it might help figure what you have.

One thing i dont think drew mentioned but should be said is flywheel stator and vr have to be the same output. Mix and match doesnt work.

If the op has been converted to coil and is wondering where the coil wires go, + is a 12v feed from the ignition switch. - has the condensor and also hooks to the points.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts