Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I'm not really sure if I am doing this the right way. I have a 1964 110 John Deere Lawn tractor with a cart and a snow blower attachment. I am looking to see what this is worth. I have pictures but I am not sure if I posted them in the right area. Any help in this would be great.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Welcome to WFM. It's a great site with lots of info and lots of great people.

A tractors "worth" is difficult, if not impossible, to determine. The buying or selling price is determined first by location. A tractor in one part of the country may be "worth" $500, and in another part of the country, $1000. And if you listed your tractor for $500, and a fellow wants it because it's worth $1000 in his area, and then adds shipping, it just ain't worth it! The next factor is condition. Is it ALL original, restored, complete, does it run as it should? Each of these items will affect "worth".

And then, there's what's it "worth" to YOU. If you could sell it for $500 or $1000 and it runs fine, mows, throws snow, hauls carts full of stuff around the yard, you'll probably have to replace it with a $2000 machine...MINIMUM and that will probably last only 3-5 years!

Pictures: post them here and you'll get a ball park idea of worth. Site unseen and mechanically sound, I'd say $1000 considering attachments. Bob

·
Registered
1989 318
857 Posts
There was a recent post in For Sale with a couple nicely restored 110RF for $2500 each, another one of our members recently moved a 110RF for $250. Do your research on the For Sale site, check other sites for comparable tractors and set your price accordingly. Unless you are not trying to sell it, just trying to see the value.

·
Registered
1989 318
857 Posts
There is a website called Search Tempest that allows you to search CL and eBay ad's all at once, enter your description, zip code and mileage range and VIOLA! tons of results. You'll have to narrow your search criteria to eliminate a lot of the fluff, like maybe Deere 110.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Firstly welcome.
Secondly Ditto on what everyone else said.
Thirdly, my addition.
Probably 1-2.5k is the range, but look around in your area to narrow it down, also depends on condition.

And does it have a deck?

And then, there's what's it "worth" to YOU. If you could sell it for $500 or $1000 and it runs fine, mows, throws snow, hauls carts full of stuff around the yard, you'll probably have to replace it with a $2000 machine...MINIMUM and that will probably last only 3-5 years!
And True GT/SCUT is more like 6k-20k (X500-1025R) to make it even more of an extreme comparison.*

*Ignoring ergonomics, HP, hydrostatic drives, attachments options, features, etc for a simple comparision

Reactions: steve_siere

·
Registered
684 Posts
Nice tractor, It is actually a 1965 though. You also have the optional light kit on it. In Pennsylvania the package would be worth $1200-$1500.

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
1989 318
857 Posts
That is quite nice, I would call it a 'survivor'.

Reactions: jd140 and DEERE317
1 - 10 of 10 Posts