Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1967 110 that my father bought new. After a couple years it quite pulling in all gears. He took it to dealer they replaced a pin for $.29 and $61. Labor. Now 40+ years later it has same problem where is this pin located? Dealer has no idea what I am talking about. It shifts to all gears just won't move all belts are good.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Welcome to WFM; 29 cents in parts would rule out anything inside the transmission. You better jack the tractor up and look for a broken belt or a $2.00 pin missing from the variator linkage. There are several pins in the variator clutch linkage

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't know--$0.29 and $61 in 1970 translates to $1.77 and $373 today. In my mind, that is a lot of labor money for just a sheared pin on the variator. Even today, that is 3+ hours of work. I'm thinking they might have gotten into the trans back then. Does the shifter seem to work normally?

Other than that, I have no suggestions. Let us know what you find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.