Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post some pictures of a 1968 140 H1 project that got out of hand. I purchased it several years ago on CL and it already had a 18HP Briggs Vanguard. I ended up mowing with it for a year while fixing some issues on my 332. The thought of dual pipes started it and then it carried over to aluminum rims, welding holes shut, paint etc.
Tire Wheel Tractor Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1989 318
1,383 Posts
Looks like a pulling tractor!

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
Sharp looking tractor.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
So no more mowing with it, I take it. :ROFLMAO:
Looks great though!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Very nice work. A lot of little details to digest.

I like the air cleaner, which allowed you to keep the stock fuel tank.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Those exhaust clamp/mounts are beautiful.

I feel like I'm going to scratch it just looking at it from over here... :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Wow very beautifully cleaned up 140.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My thought was to use it to pull the grandkids around in the lawn cart but no grandkids yet so no real purpose. I told my wife it’s garage art:) I’ve used it a few times to push down mole tunnels but not sure the neighbors appreciate it. It’s not crazy loud but with straight pipes you can hear it.
I grew up mowing on a 140 H3 so I’m a little partial to them. If I had to I could bolt the brackets on and mow with it but don’t see that happing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My thought was to use it to pull the grandkids around in the lawn cart but no grandkids yet so no real purpose. I told my wife it’s garage art:) I’ve used it a few times to push down mole tunnels but not sure the neighbors appreciate it. It’s not crazy loud but with straight pipes you can hear it.
I grew up mowing on a 140 H3 so I’m a little partial to them. If I had to I could bolt the brackets on and mow with it but don’t see that happing.
I have a 70 HI I would love to get running. I grew up on a 70H3.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,383 Posts
Garage photo shows someone who is clean and organized,. Nothing personal but most of us do not fit that category! What a crazy clean machine. Kinda like building a hot rod but on a much smaller scale.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Garage photo shows someone who is clean and organized,. Nothing personal but most of us do not fit that category! What a crazy clean machine. Kinda like building a hot rod but on a much smaller scale.
That’s funny! I do have an old pickup that I want to redo so I thought this would be a good practice project.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts