Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1969 140 h3 patio and it does not show it is a patio by the serial # like all 69's. But i got looking at all the registered 69 140's and some do show there are patios. Mine was painted green at one time but tho PO painted it white but he didn't use the original hood to prove that it was a patio at one time because the orange paint is showing threw. But im not positivly sure that it is but the PO is 100% it is. I have a NOS seat that I got for a good deal ($400). So should I make it a patio or paint it green? Is there another way of telling if it was a patio?

Thanks
Paxton

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Paxton, I've heard some patios were painted green at the factory because they didn't sell well and that might be why it doesn't show up in the registry. So IMHO I say paint it the color you like especially if you have a patio seat for it go ahead.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Paxton,

Some of the patio tractors (and the green ones too for that matter in certain parts of some early years -- 1968 or '69, IIRC....) had the flat centered "heavy duty" wheels because Deere could not get the formed ones from their regular supplier. I have heard that these wheels are actually less robust than the formed ones...

Here is a picture of a patio that was for sale near me about 18 months ago that had these wheels.

Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.