Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1970 110 is not charging. There is power from the stator, but no power from the regulator. It has a 10 amp charging system, I cant find a 10 amp regulator, only 15 amp regulator. Will one of those work? I have plenty 15 amp regulators.

· Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody?

· Registered
31 Posts
I will look in the K series manual if i have time tonight. Im thinking it should work the same though.
If it makes you feel better install a 10amp fuse on the 15amp regulator. That way you still have the same protection for stator windings.

· Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How Do I test that?

· Registered
651 Posts
In order for the voltage regulator to work, it also has to be able to sense the battery voltage. With the engine off, regulator harness connected and the ignition switch in the RUN position you should be able to read DC voltage at the regulators DC output post (the center post) that is close to actual battery voltage. If not, you need to check the tractors wiring for problems. A failed circuit breaker, bad ignition switch, high resistance and/or bad connectors, etc can all create charging issues. A low sensed DC battery voltage may also affect regulator output or prevent it from charging at all (i.e., most regulators will not charge a dead or dreadfully low battery).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts