Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 345 w/54" deck. When I lift the deck to the upper position, the depth control knob moves in whatever direction it feels like. Usually to the 0 setting and then I scalp the lawn when I lower the deck. Is there something missing that allows the knob to turn so freely. Also the battery light comes on intermittently. So far there has been no issues with starting or running the PTO.
Randy

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 2001 345 that I got new and the battery light has always come on sometimes. I had JD put a new voltage regulator on it when it was still under warranty but it still does it and hasn't been a problem. It still has the original battery in it and its never not started and I use it in the winter to for snow to. Never had a problem with the depth knob.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Test between the pos and neg terminals of the battery with a Muli-Meter. with the engine off the battery should test around 12.5 volts. With the engine running it should test 13.5-14.5 volts. As for the depth knob, there is a small detent spring pn M124808 -70000SN or pn M135775 70001- which is a common part to break.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got my first JD earlier this evening and it happens to be what is stated in the title. I would like to know a little bit more about it like what attachments and accessories were available. I also need to know how to fix the hood. Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Thomas,

Welcome to WFM. My patio 112 was my first JD too. There were almost unlimited attachments for your tractor, there are some pictures under model info on here, there were regular mowers, flail mowers, sickle bar, generator, compressor, front and center blades, Snowblowers, tillers, front loader, sprayers, wood splitter.........

You can also checkout this thread on another site, or search here.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=488586

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.