Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 john deere 112 and im looking to convert it to the round fender style. Has any one done this? Will the fenders and floor boards bolt on? Also what else do i need to do to convert it to the round fender style? Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Brandon, it would be a lot easier to sell your 1972 if you don't like it and buy a round fender tractor. Better yet, keep the 1972 and buy a round fender.

There was quite a bit of change between the last round fender tractor in 1967 and the first square fender in 1968. The newer frame is wider, and very little will interchange.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Brandon,Here's a 140 I put round fender steps and fenders on,just to give you an idea of the look on a square fendered tractor.
Don....

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Brandon,

If you are willing to cut and weld and adapt pieces that weren't originally meant to go together, you can have whatever you want.

I really like Don Staples' tractor in the picture. It shows what can be done if you are willing to do some cutting and welding, and a some straightening, filling, and painting. Well, maybe a lot of cutting, welding, straightening, filling, and painting. Probably a lot of buffing too.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks very nice Don, thanks for sharing. I may still try switching mine over to the round fenders. Im not bad at fabrication but it will be a challenge Im sure.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Your biggest hurdle will be the fuel tank mounted under the seat on the 200 series.

On the 110/112/140's its under the hood.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Don, terrific Job. it looks so much better with the SF hood and grill on it than the RF. the RF tractors were good looking but when it came time to design the grill on them it just looks like they stopped and said throw a grill on it of from a big tractor. they look to long and out of place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone else put round fenders on a 140? I want to do this, mainly to have rear tire options that aren't there with the square pan on. So who else?

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Someone makes a kit (expensive kit) to add round fenders to later models. Don't remember who makes this kit.

Tractor is no longer a vintage John Deere.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was just looking at the Facebook page of a company selling mini 4020 kits, 4020’s look a lot like RF’s. Thinks they had one for the 140
Edit: Midwest Mini Tractor Company

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Yup, that would be the guy. They had a display at the Portage 140 anniversary event this past summer.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Only have stuff for RF’s currently

🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did put some 26 x 12 x 12 tires on. I'm not sure how the pan is supposed to attach at the rear, metal to metal or some rubber bushing. But mine was rubber, but it wasn't the same side to side, so it's been messed with. I used a sway bar rubber bushing on each side, which raised it slightly and here is how it's sitting.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts