Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got the tractor running. Now there is a loud noise sometimes intermittent and continuous all the time. I checked the bolts on the flywheel side and seem ok. The noise sounds like it is coming from the pto/pulley assembly. I didn't see a set screw between the pulleys. Tried a puller but didn't get to agressive as i didn't want to damage something. Has anyone had this problem and how is it removed? Thanks for your previous help. Also the band brake needs replacement. Is it easier to take the fender assembly off to gain better acess? Thanks guys and girls!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
There's a little brake pad underneath that needs to be remove to get the PTO off. It's purpose is to stop the PTO from turning when disengaged.
From the service manual:
World Font Parallel Schematic Technology

As far as brake band, yes it would be easier if pan is taken off.

·
Registered
1989 318
2,671 Posts
That is living proof of the adage 'a picture is worth 1000 words'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply and picture. Does the bearing in the outer pulley have to be removed to acess the bolt? Also it looks to have one more grove in the pulleys than mine or I didn't look close enough. Thanks

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
There's a snap ring that holds PTO/pulley on. Another picture that might help.
Gesture Font Pattern Wood Rectangle

Outer pulley is for snow blower, middle pulley is for mower deck drive and inside pulley with clutch lining is primary drive to variator. That one has cap screw that needs to come out before drive pulley can come off.

·
Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
352 Posts
I ran into the same issue on my 1969 model 110 a few weeks ago. I used some aggressive force, and kind words with no luck, turned to youtube and a minute later was off. Sneaky little piece hiding in there...... don't drop the pulley/clutch on your face when you're under there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts